Notices

lost hope

Old 09-18-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost hope

I'm having a terrible day...I want to be free of this opiate addiction and I don't see any hope in sight I've tried so many times to stop but always end up in the same place....when I use I feel normal and when I don't I feel sad and lost and scared but I don't want to depend on these damn pills anymore...I feel so lost and alone..I know I'm not alone but that's how I feel....I wish the cravings would go away...I can't take this much longer....I'm losing everything....I don't even know who I am anymore....please someone give me hope...I feel like im dying a little each day
Old 09-18-2016, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I wish I knew exactly what you were going through, but I never got into pills. I did however get lost for years in a bottle everynight. It was the most important thing to me if you consider how much I thought about/craved it. I've only been off of it for 42 hours and it is still the only thing I think about.

The hope is that you are here, you have a beautiful mind that is capable of so much more than you know and you are STRONG enough to choose not to give in!

I KNOW this because I am doing it, HOUR BY HOUR. And i have the lowest self worth in the world.

As for losing everything. you can find it again, and in doing that, you can find yourself again.

I hope this helped (even if only a little)

Good luck to you and lots of love!
Old 09-18-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thank you for your kind words xo
Old 09-18-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

your not alone Sapphire but this community will help so much with regular interaction you don't have to feel as lonely were always here fwiw I think your doing amazing x
Old 09-18-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Mr

Sending a little hope to you from france
It should be getting there just about now....
Old 09-18-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Hope is not lost as long as you try. Pills are hard to kick - my drugs of choice are benzos - but it can be done. Even if you tried ad failed before. Read and post here. Ask questions. We are here to support you.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hope is never lost. As long as you're still here, there is always hope. Even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

My vice was alcohol, and I felt like my cravings during the first few weeks of sobriety were going to be the end of me. After a few weeks of staying sober, however, I have noticed the cravings have diminished significantly, and I'm actually beginning to feel NORMAL being sober.

And if you've tried and failed a thousand times, oh well... so have MOST or all of us in here when it came to getting sober. Pick yourself up again and keep going! You can absolutely do this.
Old 09-18-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saphire39ca View Post
I'm having a terrible day...I want to be free of this opiate addiction and I don't see any hope in sight I've tried so many times to stop but always end up in the same place....when I use I feel normal and when I don't I feel sad and lost and scared but I don't want to depend on these damn pills anymore...I feel so lost and alone..I know I'm not alone but that's how I feel....I wish the cravings would go away...I can't take this much longer....I'm losing everything....I don't even know who I am anymore....please someone give me hope...I feel like im dying a little each day
Bless you Sapphire, my favourite precious stone and colour. You are most definitely NOT alone and you are most definitely not lost.... In this wonderful world of the internet you have found SR where there are thousands of people who have been through exactly what you are going through now. There are thousands of people who have felt exactly the same as you do now and there are thousands of people who can tell you that it is possible, you can get through this and you must never ever give up hope.
Have you spoken to your doctor/investigated rehab or perhaps a 12 step programme like NA?
Read as much as you can on here there is an absolute mountain of advice and post post post, there is always someone here 24 hours of every day, let the people of SR guide you out of the darkness and into the light.
Big hugs. Elle🙏