Notices

lost everything because of alcohol and this is day 2

Old 09-17-2016, 02:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

lost everything because of alcohol and this is day 2

Hello,
This is my third time in a month trying to quit. I had lost my gf and banktrupted in 4 months. I feel terrible. When i drink, i drink like 7 days straight starting from the morning. I hope i will fix my problem. On monday i am going to see a therapist to see if he can support me with some legal drugs.. Wish me luck...
Old 09-17-2016, 02:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to see you Blackened
Old 09-17-2016, 03:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi I remember your previous post, where you said that when you don't drink for two days, then you don't want to. How about making this time count
You can do this! x
Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Morning!!
Well Im not going to wish you luck buddy cuz Ive found getting sober isnt about luck but about total commitment to a different lifestyle, honoring out bodies physically, emotionally and spiritually, reaching out and hanging on to support in any and all forms!
You can do this but you just have to want it THAT bad! If you do then you WILL succeed!
Blessings to you!!
Old 09-17-2016, 03:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Blackened. You can do this, buy you can't "hope" that you will fix your problem. Bottom line, you've got to dig deep, you've got to want this with every ounce of energy you have, you have to truly commit and believe you will succeed... otherwise you are just setting yourself up for failure. Believe me, I know from years of experience. Most of us here are seasoned liars that perfected our craft to justify years of drinking.

You absolutely can do this Blackened. You have a great resource in this community. Use us to get you through the tough times. This isn't going to be easy, but sobriety is the best thing you can do for your future. I promise, the outcome is worth every ounce of effort you will put in.

Welcome to SR
Old 09-17-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
nmd

Welcome blackened!
Old 09-17-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

You've lost a lot, but there is more to lose. Like your health or your life. Hope won't help, you need action. What is your plan?
Old 09-17-2016, 05:02 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
Hi I remember your previous post, where you said that when you don't drink for two days, then you don't want to. How about making this time count
You can do this! x
Actually i did not want a drink after all. In the 10th day i felt like what the hell just one bear You all know what happened next...
Old 09-17-2016, 05:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lightning Bug View Post
You've lost a lot, but there is more to lose. Like your health or your life. Hope won't help, you need action. What is your plan?
I am going to look for a therapist, and see where it takes me..
Old 09-17-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

im glad ya made it back and want to stop drinking.
going to a therapist is good. what concerns me is
"can support me with some legal drugs.."
Old 09-17-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
im glad ya made it back and want to stop drinking.
going to a therapist is good. what concerns me is
"can support me with some legal drugs.."
I think it came out wrong because of my english. I have never used drugs my entire life... What i meant was when i feel down or unable to work, maybe something he can prescribe me something and get me going till the paws passes. Is it bad ?
Old 09-17-2016, 07:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Blackened.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Blackened. Sorry to be blunt, but I don't think luck is going to help otherwise you wouldn't be in the situation you are. I'm sending prayers you will find clarity, realization, strength, willpower and fortitude.

It's sounds like your stuck in a short early recovery cycle without much length of sobriety. Maybe try setting a goal of staying sober for 30 days and at 30 days re-evaluate your life. Is it better?.. Is it worse.. Is it the same? and then evaluate your next move.

My guess is your life is BETTER. Take care, stay close to SR.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
AA Member

thanks
Old 09-17-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blackened83 View Post
I think it came out wrong because of my english. I have never used drugs my entire life... What i meant was when i feel down or unable to work, maybe something he can prescribe me something and get me going till the paws passes. Is it bad ?

thanks for clearing that up.
imo, just depends on the motive.
i was just concerned about the possibility of one addction being replaced by another.
it might be wise,though, to look into the different medications available. some meds that help can be addictive.
one thing to remeber, there will probably be some emotionally and mentally down times in early recovery. years of existing the way i did, then getting sober and seeing all the wreckage i left in my path..yeah, i wasnt too happy about it.
but workin at clearing away the wreckage, learning what makes me tick, and changing me, my mental and emotional state got weller.

on another note, any chance your username is in reference to a metallica song?
Old 09-17-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
thanks for clearing that up.
imo, just depends on the motive.
i was just concerned about the possibility of one addction being replaced by another.
it might be wise,though, to look into the different medications available. some meds that help can be addictive.
one thing to remeber, there will probably be some emotionally and mentally down times in early recovery. years of existing the way i did, then getting sober and seeing all the wreckage i left in my path..yeah, i wasnt too happy about it.
but workin at clearing away the wreckage, learning what makes me tick, and changing me, my mental and emotional state got weller.

on another note, any chance your username is in reference to a metallica song?
Yes it is, i think their best one.
BTW how long have you been sober ?
Old 09-17-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR, blackened!
Old 09-17-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes it is, i think their best one.
BTW how long have you been sober ?
4/23/05 is my DOS.
their song " master of puppets" was about heroin, but I can really see the resemblance in how alcohol worked on me.

i saw metallica and ozzy about a month before cliff burton died.
unfortunately for me, i wasn't into metallica yet.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I feel terrible. When i drink, i drink like 7 days straight starting from the morning. I hope i will fix my problem.
Hoping is usually not enough for people with this kind of drinking pattern, unfortunately. The lack of a solid plan to the contrary, more often than not, turns out to be a plan to drink.

Addiction is a prison without locks, but there is nevertheless an exit, and I would wager that you already know what that exit is.

You wrote this not too long ago:

Now i know for sure and i know that i can not go with moderation... I have decided to put the bottle down for good.
Old 09-17-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Blackened, I'm sorry that you're struggling and I think finding a therapist will be helpful. Alcohol is a depressant, and when you stop drinking, it will likely make you feel better. If you are depressed, possibly you could talk to your dr.