Divorce Hearing Finally Scheduled

Old 09-16-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Divorce Hearing Finally Scheduled

Hi,

I finally got my date for a scheduling hearing with the court on Nov 2nd. It's just a scheduling meeting lasting 30minutes.
My lawyer has been trying to get my AH to agree to mediation. My lawyer got an interesting letter from my AH attorney. They will agree to mediation if I give my computer to them. On that computer is quick books which was used for our business for 3 months, last Oct, Nov., and Dec. All that information is hard copies in the office. That information is very old now! I think he just wants the quick books program. I still own half that business. I bought 2 computers for the business with my mother's inheritance. I left one, and took mine. My AH also has a home computer as well. I told my lawyer, I can't afford to buy a new computer, it's mine. He has 2 computers, and I still own half the business. I am not giving him the computer. All the information on mine is very old. All documents are in the office. He can buy his own copy of quick books for his computer. I also stated how can a lawyer say they won't consider mediation if I don't give my AH my computer because it's causing him emotional stress. Any opinions or advice on all of this??? Thank you all.

Z
Old 09-16-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmm...I'm wondering if he thinks he'll find something on that computer he can use as a weapon against you? Or he's just making up a non-issue to cause trouble...

It's your computer. The end..

P.S. "Emotional distress," my behind.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, something's most definitely up with him having to have your PC. Are you not in a no "at fault" state where he's trying to dig up dirt on you? If so, he's probably trying to get out of you getting $ from him.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress

ORRrrrr.... he's got something on that computer he doesn't want you to find. That would be MY guess. It would cost him much more in legal fees to fight over it than it would to buy another computer (AND a copy of the QuickBooks program).

You might want to poke around a bit on that computer of yours and see what he might be hiding.

Alternatively, he might try to "plant" something on this computer, and claim it's something you did.

Either way, it smells bad to me, and I certainly wouldn't give it to him.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
ORRrrrr.... he's got something on that computer he doesn't want you to find. That would be MY guess. It would cost him much more in legal fees to fight over it than it would to buy another computer (AND a copy of the QuickBooks program).

You might want to poke around a bit on that computer of yours and see what he might be hiding.

Alternatively, he might try to "plant" something on this computer, and claim it's something you did.

Either way, it smells bad to me, and I certainly wouldn't give it to him.
Ooooooohhhhh... You're on to something Lexie!!!
Old 09-16-2016, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes sounds like he has something on there he does not want you to find. I would go and look