Notices

Please help!

Old 09-14-2016, 12:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Please help!

Hi, I am new here. I am a 28yr old ACTIVE heroin addict. And I am DESPERATE to stop using! I have tried before a time or 2 but my heart wasn't in it 100%. I found out the hard way that if your heart isn't 100% in to stop using, you won't. At least that's how it is for me... I have burnt every bridge I had with friends and family except my parents. And I am THIS CLOSE to losing them and being on the streets homeless, jobless, carless, and moneyless.... I have been trying to locate a place near me where they give Suboxone or Subutex. The WD's are what scare me most as mine are bad. I average 1/2-1 G a day of VERY VERY good stuff. I don't want to lose everything, AGAIN... I lost my wife due to my habit, and I have s golden opportunity to change things and have a GREAT life. I have a VERY good family business that I can take over once I get my life straight and make LOTS of $. I have a wonderful fiancé who knows my problem and supports me in wanting to get clean. And I have 2 beautiful sons that need their father, but right now I can't be a proper father. I don't deserve to be their father right now in the shape I'm in. But I can change that! I just need help!... I'm having ALOT of trouble finding a place near me that will either take my insurance, or is free. I have a HMO plan with United Healthcare, and I live in Gastonia NC (close to Charlotte). PLEASE PLEASE! If anyone out there knows of anywhere within reasonable driving distance from me that can detox me with Suboxone or Subutex for free or taking my insurance PLEASE tell me! And I would preferably like to go somewhere that after detox has a 2-3 week inpatient rehab. I don't think just detoxing off the drugs will be successful for me. I need a program afterwards!... If anyone out there reading this can help me PLEASE I'm BEGGING here! I don't want to lose everything AGAIN. I've been to 2 rehabs before but I looked at it as a punishment. I didn't want to be there. I'm sick and tired of being a loser and unable to be a father, a good son, a human being. I'm a broken man throwing up a prayer. And I know this sounds like I want pity. I promise that's not what I want, I simply want help cause come Friday if I'm not in a detox facility, I'll be on the streets. Whoever decides to help, THANK YOU!!! You just might be the one to help me save my life. And give 2 boys their father back.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Mbellx

All I can do is refer you to this national database of physicians that prescribe
Buprenorphine (Suboxone/subutex etc)

Buprenorphine Treatment Physician Locator | SAMHSA

and a similar database for treatment facilities:
https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

you can also call for help

SAMHSA's National Helpline

1-800-662-HELP (4357)
TTY: 1-800-487-4889

Also known as, the Treatment Referral Routing Service, this Helpline provides 24-hour free and confidential treatment referral and information about mental and/or substance use disorders, prevention, and recovery in English and Spanish.
I really hope you can work something out - and I hope you stick around this site - you'll find a lot of support here

D
Old 09-14-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi MBell. Like Dee says, please do stay with SR. I for one, would love to follow your journey back to full health. I just have a feeling that in months to come, you will inspire many people to follow your decision
Respect to you!
Old 09-14-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome.

20 years ago I had a cousin called Tony. He was a character, had a real zest for life and everyone loved him being around. He lifted the mood in any social situation.

He started on Heroin, he was 28. I don't know why, how or when, but he did. One day his wife came back from a weekend away with the Territorial Army only to find him dead. He was sat on the sofa, arms folded and the TV still on. Massive heart attack.... OD.

Not sure my sharing this with you will help but I guess those two boys of yours wouldn't want to be telling the same story in 20 years time.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Mbellx. Alcohol was my DoC, so I don't have experience with opiate detox clinics. However, you should also post this in the Substance Abuse subforum here on Sober Recovery. The people who post there regularly may have more experience with this sort of thing.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mbellx101x, just googled heroin detox Charlotte and a list on this site came up:

Heroin Detox Charlotte NC - heroin detox, Charlotte NC manner of treatment, Charlotte NC uncomfortable withdrawal symptoms, Charlotte NC heroin addict, Charlotte NC drug abuse

ALSO:
Substance Use Disorder Programs Inpatient

Just searching your area and heroin detox I saw a few specific treatment facilities. hope this helps a bit and best of luck to you, it gets better
Old 09-14-2016, 05:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Mbelle nice to meet you x
Old 09-14-2016, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome,

Have you talked to your dr? He/she may be able to give you a good referral. And, you will always find lots of support here at SR.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I agree with Anna's idea about talking to your doctor.
You may also look into going to an inpatient rehab. It sounds like you might benefit from that. You will have medical help to get you through withdrawal and learn some coping skills that will help you after.

You are right that you have to be 100% committed to recovery. You will also have to cut ties with people that have anything to do with your using, especially suppliers. They will do whatever they can to keep you using and buying from them.

Best wishes.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You are afraid of the withdrawal process, which is understandable, but don't let that be a deal-breaker. Others have already provided links to resources, and Anna suggested contacting your primary physician for a referral, which I think is a good idea.

Sometimes insurance will not want to pay at first, but it may pay if there is a referral in place. It's also possible that your primary physician may know someone who can prescribe a short tapering dose to use at home. There are doctors who are licensed to do this, but they usually are not allowed to take on too many clients, so they won't advertise much.

That said, it is possible to quit heroin the old fashioned way. It won't be pleasant, and I do not recommend doing it alone, but staying with family (your parents, for example) who can keep an eye on you during the process should be relatively safe. You probably know this already, since you say that you've stopped before, but withdrawal symptoms will peak at around three days, and in 7-10 days, it is mostly over.

The rest (staying stopped) is just maintenance, for which there are ample resources available, many at little or no cost.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Mbell!!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you

Hey everyone. Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to my post. I am going to one of either 2 places tomorrow evening. Just gotta get on the phone with them around 10-11 tomorrow morning to find out which. I'll be going to either ARCA in Greensboro NC for detox and then treatment. Or Kings Mountain Detox and then after that Rebound in Lancaster SC... I'm so sick and tired of being such a leach on my family and ruining my life. I'm tired of hurting those close to me, what few I have left. I can just tell in my heart this time I'm going to make it happen. I haven't seen my boys in 3 months now. Not cause I can't, simply cause I'm too ashamed to face them. Even though they're too young to know anything really (5yrs old and 1 1/2). I can't stand to face them as a drug addict anymore. I don't want to. I guess I've made a vow that I won't pretend to be a father anymore until that's what I can be for real. As bad as it hurts, it's also my motivation.... But anyways thank you all for your kind words and referrals. I am supposed to be leaving sometime around 4/5 o'clock tomorrow and will be gone for 3-4 weeks roughly. I will be SURE to get back on here and say hey whenever I get back home. Once again thank you all for taking the time to care. It does make me feel good to know there are some good people out there that will take the time to care for a complete stranger. Take care everyone, my journey to recovery officially starts tomorrow!
Old 09-14-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on taking your first step!! Please keep coming around and let us know how you're doing, when you can, of course. Best of luck to you! You sound very determined so I'm sure you can do it...
Old 09-14-2016, 07:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Best of luck Mbell. Just remember, even if things get hard at times you can do this.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes MBell

D
Old 09-14-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I'm glad this worked out Mbellx.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Mbell. Welcome and hope you find great success in your journey. See you soon.
Old 09-14-2016, 09:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

So glad you are going. I spent July in rehab and it changed my life. I detox ed with heroin addicts. It was hard for them but they pushed through. Don't be afraid of the withdrawals. The nurses take really good care of you while you withdraw. At least they did in my rehab. They give the medicine, plus other meds to ease the symptoms. Then you can go to rehab and start to rebuild your life. You can do it!
Old 09-15-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

All the very best for today MBell. How about keeping a journal for when you get back? Would really help others
Will be thinking of you! x