Notices

I made it through that diner

Old 10-03-2004, 04:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I choose to live

I made it through that diner

..I made it through that diner without any alcohol.. 4 botles of wine had been emptied in front of my face..Time to time it was difficult but then I thought bout all of you and my homegroup here in antwerp and about the way you all suported me... that gave me strenght..My boyfriend suported me too and was very proud about me after the diner and said he tought I made a very good impression
on the couple that I met for the first time last night..I'm very suprised that he understands it so well..Most people (also my family)thinks it just a temporary thing and That I might be able to drink one or two glasses in a while..But I know it ain't like that at all and that makes it difficult..My friend was a little bit drunk but still funny.. After the diner I went to bed and of course I was busy in my head with booz but I was very glad I felt asleep sober..I set the alarmclock to join the meeting here..The meeting was very intensive cos the topic was surrender and that's what I'm very busy with at this moment in my life...Surrender to life..To the possitive things in life..I asked my boyfriend if it would be o.k if I would put on the alarmclock every saturday(it's 4 o clock in the morning)He said that would be o.k and said that he was very glad a site like this exist and told me that he also wanted to thank you too for suporting me and help me to be sober..Even now tonight he asked me if I should go to another meeting tonight..They say it works if you work it..It's really true..Before when I was 26 and went to AA for the first time it was much harder..I had nobody..Was depresed and there where times that I was sitting at a table every night..But I know if I would'nt be there then I would'nt be where I am now...(I even could be dead)..I mean that all those months I was on that table it looked like luck was miles away from me and I was working it but it looked like it was'nt working..But now after a few days on this site..I feel it's working..My friend is more in love with me and aproaching me much nicer than he did before..He does'nt want to talk about the bad things I did in the past (I kicked out the door of our apartment a few weeks ago)Maybe it works because I know the program..But also because I took my first step in 1999 and developed to the person I am now..I'm sober now for 9 days I thank you all and send you all my love ( at least as much you need to stay sober)
Old 10-03-2004, 04:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh Aries, I am so very proud of you. I wondered how your dinner would go, and thought about you and prayed for you.

I will be seeing you at the meetings. There is no drink that tastes as good as the proud feeling we have when we work hard and stay clean. Take care mon ami
Love Diana
Old 10-03-2004, 06:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
we're all mad here!

Way to go Aries!
Old 10-03-2004, 06:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats Aries !
Old 10-03-2004, 07:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Aries,

I am so happy for you. It sounds like you are doing so well. And, it's great that your boyfriend supports you. That will help you get through this. I hope you keep posting.

Love, Anna
Old 10-03-2004, 07:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad for you Ares! Congrats
Old 10-03-2004, 07:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

My friend is more in love with me and aproaching me much nicer than he did before
Good job.
Proud of you.

Instant rewards like that are good to see. Remember them and remember sober is better and you will see more positive results as the days go on.

:rose like a flower opening up, our sober life grows.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Way to go girlfriend!!!

Old 10-03-2004, 08:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Chy

Excellent!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 01:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Not the center of the Universe

Big Ups! If you can do it once, you can do it twice.

Jah Bless
Old 10-04-2004, 03:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great job!!!!!, It rewarding to know that you are powerless over alcohol, and that you cannot drink, surrender to alcohol you did, great job! Getting up at 4 o'clock was easier without alcohol in your system keep up the great work
Old 10-04-2004, 04:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
cj.
Mending

Aries:

It brightens my day when I hear someone has another small victory over their addiction. Each day and each test we make it through is a blessing that helps us get stronger.

I am so happy for you!!

cj
Old 10-04-2004, 05:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Red face

Way to go, Aries!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!