Notices

Day 17

Old 09-11-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 17

It is a long story as to how I got here- guessing that's how it is for most of us. I would consider myself high functioning alcoholic. I have never lost a job, or had a DUI, etc. I have no children. However, I am married to an alcoholic. We both quit at the same time because the booze is going to ruin us. I used to be more of a binge drinker.... Lots of shots and blacking out- but drinking only 2-3 nights a week. Over the last several years I would drink a bottle of wine about 5 nights a week. It went up to drinking a bottle of wine every weeknight and a box over the weekend. He likes beer and vodka. We both became fed up with each other, the booze, and feeling like crap. My biggest problem right now is that I have used alcohol to avoid dealing with emotional traumas.... An alcoholic, narcissist mother being the main cause of my pain. It is easy to run to the bottle instead of dealing with any kind of emotion. Also struggling with insomnia since I quit. So that is where I am at. Trying to ride it out, and glad to have made it 17 days. And pretty tired.... So if anyone has any suggestions on getting some good sleep, feel free to share them.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome. Congratulations on 17 days! Great job! Sleep should come around, it took a little while (couple months) before I slept very well and even then and now, it's not every night. Stick with it, your body and mind are doing amazing things to heal.

Wishing you lots of patience and strength on your new journey.
Old 09-11-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations & Welcome Junebug
Old 09-11-2016, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Junebug!!