Notices

It's been quite a while since I have been on here...

Old 09-11-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been quite a while since I have been on here...

A lot has really changed on this website too. I wasn't sure if I would be able to find my way around the website as it has gotten much bigger and better in such a short length of time. This has always been my happy place though and where I started when I had first gotten sober. Everyone was so supportive. If you remember me... I am STILL SOBER! I love my life sober and I want to thank each and every one of you for all of the support and positive thoughts that you had given me back then too. I still need you all though. I believe that I had told a very lengthy story about myself and why I had and always wanted to get and to remain sober. However, what do I do about the social anxiety part of it that still has not subsided at all? I've never been to an AA meeting and I feel that this is going to be the part where I just have to face my fears head on. I KNOW that there is something better for me than just going grocery shopping and going to work. Two things that I have to do. I want friends and people who understand me. I want people who are a positive influence in my life. I just don't know how to find them. For some reason, I am attracting the wrong people and cannot understand why. Again... You have all been such a wonderful help to me in the beginning of my journey and I am so grateful for that and will always be. However, what's next? Has anyone else ever been where I'm at before? I apologize if I am in the incorrect forum. If I am, can you please lead me to the correct one. Again... It's been a while since I've been on here. Thanks so much and the best of luck to everyone! Glad to see such a thriving website that this has become!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back SummertimeHigh!!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 09-11-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back SummertimeHigh

Congrats on your progress.

I'm not sure what to say about the attracting the wrong people problem - I learned that the vibe I put out is very important, and that pretty much sets the template for the people I attract?

I guess, rhetorically, the question is - what kind of vibe are you putting out?

D
Old 09-11-2016, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by SummertimeHigh5 View Post
However, what do I do about the social anxiety part of it that still has not subsided at all? I've never been to an AA meeting and I feel that this is going to be the part where I just have to face my fears head on.

i got an apartment after high school alone with the drapes closed and spent 11 years trying to drink myself to death

i had huge social anxiety and lousy social skills

I FIT IN AT AA MEETINGS JUST FINE!

go fot it!

Old 09-11-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SummertimeHigh5 View Post
. I want friends and people who understand me. I want people who are a positive influence in my life. I just don't know how to find them. For some reason, I am attracting the wrong people and cannot understand why.
I'm glad you came back and it's fantastic that you are living a sober life. Great job!

I felt exactly the way you do, and I was truly lucky to find a volunteer position which was life-changing for me. I met amazing people, made some close friends, was able to give back and was grateful for how much was given to me. Look around your community and see what you can do.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back!
Old 09-12-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best