Notices

Sunday blues

Old 09-11-2016, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tog

Sunday blues

Hi all. Am new to this forum. Been sober for 11 days. I did nearly six years, then started again for two and a half. Ended up in the same place. Paranoid, depressed, fat, broke and anxious about just about everything. Have been feeling well until today. Sundays are difficult as I imagine everyone out and having a wonderful time eating Sunday dinners and drinking wine. I live alone with my cat. I also work from home. Anyway, just wanted to say 'hi' and make contact.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there and welcome! Congats on 11 days too!

Yes I found the weekends a challenge, still do at times, the day just seems soooo long. My advice is to try and occupy yourself, a film, or a book or whatever just to fill in those "drinking hours" Do you go to AA at all? I find a meeting on those particular days really helpful.

Try n keep your mind occupied with something, you'll be glad you did!
Old 09-11-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Check out the NFL thread / pool we have - run by an Irishman with participants from all over the globe! No football knowledge necessary - God knows I don't have any!!

Check it out and make some picks!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2016-17-a.html
Old 09-11-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Tog! You've come to the right place. And 11 days is fantastic.

For me, Sundays were recovery days as I usually was drunk from quitting time on Friday until now. Usually needed at least a few beers on Sunday just to calm the shakes and anxiety and so I could sleep and be "ready" for work on Monday. Grateful I don't have to do that today.

Keep posting! We're here for you. Someone is always around.
Old 09-11-2016, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi to you (:
Congrats on your 11days sober!
I lived alone with 2 cats and as much a day sister made fun of me at the time, I look back on that time fondly.

Weekends are tough, social connections are difficult too, if you're dealing with being anxious and paranoid. I always over think things I ay and do in social settings. On the other hand tho, I find that no matter how small, even if I meet up with a friend to talk about good books we've enjoyed reading lately, it always turns out to be more fun and energizing than I thought it could be and no where near as dreadful as I feared. If you find a neighbour to share kindnesses with or even a crew at a local coffee shop to visit on quiet Sunday, sunny afternoons maybe that can be a little positivity in your weekend.
I find, I like to make plans for the following weekend on Sunday afternoons too. If I get something set up, yay, I have something o look forward to. If I don't, that's okay too because there's still plenty of time to get in touch with people.

Welcome, and
Keep visiting, keep reading keep posting. (:
Old 09-11-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi! Congrats on 11 days. Six years is also a huge accomplishment and I'm confident you can do it again. I get Sunday anxiety, for different reasons. Socially though, Sundays have become a day filled with eating snacks, drinking tons of tea and seltzer, and relaxing at home.

If it's nice out, why not take a walk? If it's not nice out (or if you're lazy like me), try finding a show you've always wanted to watch and cooking yourself dinner. I find cooking really meditative. My favorite is getting up on a Sunday morning, prepping food for a crockpot, and then letting it cook until dinner time. It gives me something to look forward to on Sunday nights!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Tog!!
Old 09-11-2016, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome, Tog!
Old 09-11-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to SR Tog and congratulations on 11 days

There is a Weekenders thread you can join as well (it actually runs nearly all week)
Old 09-11-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Tog
Old 09-11-2016, 01:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Tog.

We have to fill the gap that alcohol leaves in out lives. It's worth getting some ideas together ready for the weekends. Volunteering is great, or getting creative, or making plans to sell family or sober friends.

I do enjoy a good AA meeting on a Sunday though. It's when I most seem to need the understanding of my clan.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Warm welcome, 11 days is great.
xx
Old 09-11-2016, 01:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome to the forum Tog!!
Old 09-11-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

My favorite meeting of the week is my Sunday night meeting. I find it a great way to begin a new week.

Congrats on 11 days!
Old 09-11-2016, 04:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tog
Hope your Sunday ended up ok

Have you thought about doing things next Sunday - go for a walk, see a movie, catch up with friends at a cafe..?

D
Old 09-11-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Welcome Tog. I have a little case of the Sunday Blues myself. However, I know the Blues fade as fast as they come on sometimes. Sometimes, I think they come on mid afternoon when I get sleepy. Have a good evening.
Old 09-11-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome. Glad to have you. You'll get back to where you need. 6 years shows that.