Asterix might have healed me from codependency... lol

Old 09-10-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Asterix might have healed me from codependency... lol

Did anyone watch the Asterix movie where they are in UK?

At one point Asterix is with Julius Cesar and Julius Cesar brags about having a biographer to record his conquests and life.

Asterix replies:

"Yes, but this saga is called 'Asterix and his adventures', not 'Julius Cesar and his adventures' " LOL.

I do not why one keeps denying the right to one's life and the love towards our own story. Honoring my own story is a great way to heal even if I am learning to do just that little by little.
Old 09-10-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-xlRaq_rpck..._asterix-0.png
Old 09-10-2016, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A jug fills drop by drop

Well, not HEALED me, but I like to remember that scene when I catch myself giving attention and importance to someone that does not even deserve it.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not in the UK and haven't seen a recent movie for Asterix, (but am thoroughly intrigued and will have to check it out) but when I was much, much younger I saw the cartoon "The 12 Tasks of Asterix". I loved it, especially the Place That Sends You Mad.

I think it's amazing the places our HPs find to get what we need to hear/read in front of us. I'd picked up a copy of Rainbows End by Vernor Vinge, simply because I fell in love with the worlds in his ex-wife's writings (her books: Snow Queen and Summer Queen, among others), and was struck by the following quote:

I think you’re right that he’s got a problem. But, you know sometimes, well…there’s something you have to learn as you grow up. Some people make their own problems. And they never stop hurting themselves and messing up the people around them. And when that’s the case, then you shouldn’t keep hurting yourself for them.