Anniversary Celebration Invitation

Old 09-08-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anniversary Celebration Invitation

I am not positive that this is appropriate to post here, but here goes...

If you are anywhere close to Wilmington, DE, and would like to come to a Nar-Anon 4th Anniversary Celebration, consider yourself invited!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016. Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3200 Philadelphia Pike, Claymont, DE. Food and fellowship starts at 6:30 pm, speakers and the meeting starts at 7:00. Two speakers, one from NA and one from Nar-Anon will share their stories of recovery.

Enter the Church on the lower level, down the hill at the left rear corner of the building.

All are welcome!

Jim
Old 09-08-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks, Jim. If I were still living in the Philadelphia area, I would definitely be there. I live in the Northeast now, so..... Thanks for the invite, though.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It sounds wonderful Jim and if I lived within 100 miles I would be there.

I will be there in spirit and cheer you on.

Hugs
Old 09-15-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The Anniversary was really well attended with about 65 people coming representing 5 different Nar-anon groups plus several NA and AA groups. 7 people identified themselves as newcomers, hopefully we, or some group, will see them again really soon.

The speakers were both very good and I have recruited the NA speaker for a future speaking engagement at a big residential rehab. The NA speaker not only had a great story, he had a wonderful "stage presence". He captured every female in the audience when he said early on, "I look out at this crowd and I see 50 women that are just like my Mom."

Too much food as usual, but the crowd did a respectable job eating our offerings.

I love anniversaries!

Keep coming back,

Jim
Old 09-15-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Aw that is such wonderful news. I went to an AA womens retreat a few years back and it was just marvelous. We did a candle lighting and we lit candles starting with who had the most sober time. It was really awesome seeing a pitch black room go from dark to light when all of our candles were light. I am glad it went well and thanks for serving.

Glad you had a great time. And how awesome for the newcomers.
Old 09-15-2016, 03:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It does sound like it went well, Jim. Years ago my son invited me to an AA/Al-anon conference and it was one of the most inspiring and spirit lifting places I have ever been.

Good for you and your group for putting this on.

Hugs