Notices

Lingering effects after binge?

Old 09-08-2016, 11:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nels

Lingering effects after binge?

I drank heavily this past weekend (even more than normal) and on the following day I had an anxiety attack of sweating, fear, a bit dizzy. I was fine later in the day but have felt off since, no appetite during the day and anxious about having another attack. I have drank since the day this happened but had less last night and feel a bit better. Has anyone else experienced this, it has been almost 2 years since something like this happened.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2016, 11:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did not recover as quickly after drinking after I was abstinent for a while. It took me a few days to feel better. The anxiety was ridiculous! When I was drinking almost nightly I didn't feel as bad the next day. Not sure if this helps. Drink tons of water and be sure to eat!
Old 09-08-2016, 01:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you heard of kindling

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...lly-again.html
Old 09-09-2016, 01:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

For me coming off of binges was extremely terrifying. "Normal" every day drinking wasn't too bad, but if I was stupid and drank 24/7 for days, it was like entering the depths of hell for days afterward.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Yes JP. I know these events well. Even an alcoholic can drink in excess of their excess.

It took time. Not time of normal drinking again but time of not drinking.

I would post similar messages as this. Seeing how much more I might have to suffer. Hoping that someone would post that they got back quick to give me hope I would as well. Fact is they told me even more that not drinking was the only way.

I have since listened and living without drinking has been the best choice I ever made. Reading your post... Well hell yeah. I know exactly what you are feeling.

Go ten days without drinking. You can do it. No one ever died from not drinking. No one ever died from not giving in to a craving. See how your body and more so your mind feel then. They just may stop betraying you.

Welcome to SR.

Ken
Old 09-09-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi JP - some good advice here, gained from experience.

Trust us, things will get worse, not better the longer we keep drinking....

D
Old 09-09-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for these posts and the link. I have been a text book example of this and knew something was wrong or different but did not understand why until now.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Nels

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 View Post
Yes JP. I know these events well. Even an alcoholic can drink in excess of their excess.

It took time. Not time of normal drinking again but time of not drinking.

I would post similar messages as this. Seeing how much more I might have to suffer. Hoping that someone would post that they got back quick to give me hope I would as well. Fact is they told me even more that not drinking was the only way.

I have since listened and living without drinking has been the best choice I ever made. Reading your post... Well hell yeah. I know exactly what you are feeling.

Go ten days without drinking. You can do it. No one ever died from not drinking. No one ever died from not giving in to a craving. See how your body and more so your mind feel then. They just may stop betraying you.

Welcome to SR.

Ken
Thank you so much Ken, I so needed to hear those words this morning.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Nels

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi JP - some good advice here, gained from experience.

Trust us, things will get worse, not better the longer we keep drinking....

D
Thanks Dee, I want more than anything for things to get better
Old 09-09-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Last time I drank it took about 90 days for the effects to wear off. The obvious effects were gone in 2 days. The subtle ones (like that voice in my head that says that wasn't so bad, let's try that again) take much longer. My blood chemistry returns to normal much faster than my brain chemistry.
Old 09-09-2016, 05:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Oh yah. Kindling. As alcoholism progresses, those withdrawal symptoms will get worse and become a daily ordeal.
Old 09-09-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Nels

Originally Posted by Tonymblue View Post
Oh yah. Kindling. As alcoholism progresses, those withdrawal symptoms will get worse and become a daily ordeal.
Do you mean daily withdrawal when you are still actively drinking? Or when you quit? Thx
Old 09-09-2016, 08:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Brother of the Wolf

For me, I had daily withdrawals while still drinking. I had to maintenence drink just to get throuh the day. It's no fun having to sneak booze along with you, everywhere you go. It's the best feeling in the world to wake up and not have to plan my day around anxiety attacks, sneaking drinks, and hiding what I'm doing from everyone.