Relapse and detox within 15 days

Old 09-06-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapse and detox within 15 days

Hi family. So JJ had almost 9 months under his belt, and he imploded when he "graduated"from his recovery home. He lied (of course) and told me he got into sober living. He did have a job and was doing well (or so I thought).

Well, I found a picture of him on Facebook with a woman he had been dating who is also in recovery (so I thought). NOPE! Both of them were so high it was a shock and horror to see.

I let him know via text, no contact until he gets sober. I cannot go through another "run". He went into detox yesterday. Lets see how it goes.

He supposedly left his job and has no money or place to stay. I swear he thrives in a program, and then chokes when he is on his own.

To all Momma's, it does get easier to detach. Its the only possible solution to this cunning, baffling and powerful disease.

Just send the prayers up, I will pray for you all as well. Hugs
Teresa
Old 09-06-2016, 02:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ilovemysonjj View Post
To all Momma's, it does get easier to detach. Its the only possible solution to this cunning, baffling and powerful disease.
I agree! That first step was a doozy but it got easier after that. These days I stay detached and it works wonderfully well for both daughter and me.

Prayers for jj and all your family.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Hi family. So JJ had almost 9 months under his belt, and he imploded when he "graduated"from his recovery home. He lied (of course) and told me he got into sober living. He did have a job and was doing well (or so I thought).

Well, I found a picture of him on Facebook with a woman he had been dating who is also in recovery (so I thought). NOPE! Both of them were so high it was a shock and horror to see.

I let him know via text, no contact until he gets sober. I cannot go through another "run". He went into detox yesterday. Lets see how it goes.

He supposedly left his job and has no money or place to stay. I swear he thrives in a program, and then chokes when he is on his own.

Teresa
I hate seeing stories like this.

On the other hand, this isn't your first rodeo. You know what you need to do, and I'm confident you will do it.

Keep us posted.
Old 09-06-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You know I know the gut wrenching feeling to discover that once again the revolving door goes around.

JJ knows the drill and it is to his credit that he sought help so quickly.

More than that, YOU know the drill and as much as it stinks to be the mama of an addict, we both got the hang of letting go some time ago.

JJ continues to be in my prayers, he is in there nightly with the other mama's kids here, but I will flag him out to God and let Him take care of business....I don't think God is displeased when I flag things out, perhaps it amuses Him as He sees all anyway. But He knows me well and a little flagging helps Him keep up, I think.

Hugs from my heart to yours, Teresa.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Teresa, so sorry ....hugs to you, so exhausting this roller coaster ride, JJ is in my prayers, my son too has relapsed and the pain is there always but working the program is so important.....................you and your family are in my prayers

this site is a Blessing.... I don't always post but I do always read and learn your a beautiful strong mother and he is so lucky to have you
Old 09-06-2016, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs to you and prayers for your family.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Teresa- sending hugs and prayers your way. Happy to hear though that JJ is getting himself back on the path. My son has been up and down as well and it is so hard to take. Putting some distance between us when they are not on the right path has helped.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Reading this reminds me of a similar situation I'm in - you know you can't help them, you're doing what you gotta do for you, but it's frustrating to watch nonetheless.

Sending prayers your way.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear this T. He's not done yet....prayers that he will be soon.

Take care of you.

Gentle hugs
Old 09-08-2016, 12:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((T))))) I am so sorry to hear this. I know the pain of dealing with a relapse but I am thankful he checked himself in to get help...and on his own. That shows that he knows he needs the hep and also that he cares what you think.
Will keep him in my prayers along with every other child out there suffering from this disease. Hugs to you.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you all. He hasn't contacted me, but this specific detox may have a blackout. Its very short term, so he will need to have a plan for after the 10 day max stay. Hoping he takes advantage of their short term inpatient. This place has good reviews, so lets see. I do know he is safe so that is enough for today.
Hugs to all of you and thank you for reaching out with your support and love.
TT
Old 09-09-2016, 06:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Teresa
Yes, Momma Teresa, I agree, it does get easier to detach. And, of course, prayers going up for JJ and you.
Old 09-13-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Update: JJ back to "normal" in terms of his health and over the withdrawals. He has until Thursday to secure his next steps. There is a program called "second chance" that is halfway house and employment services, and he can qualify for the calfresh food stamps. He is completely off probation and there is nothing to stop him from getting a job. He MUST be able to figure out how to live in the real world. I told him to get his cal fresh card, go to the DMV to figure out how to start paying his fines and get approved for a program, and then we can see where we stand. Freedom ranch is also an option (where he thrived in the past), but there is a 4-6 week waiting period. I may be inclined to help him with a temporary sober living if he gets on that list. They also allow graduates of the program to stay on for up to a year as volunteer staff with full room and board. that is what he initially discussed doing.
Keep praying its WORKING!
Love
TT
Old 09-13-2016, 12:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Praying for you and JJ. My son also relapsed after almost 9 months clean; heartbreaking. Glad JJ went to detox: hope that he gets back on track.
Old 09-13-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you Mayabee. Sending prayers for you and your dear son as well. JJ told me today that he didn't have the heart to go off on crime binges. Something had stuck in the 9 months he was clean and sober. He said that the fear of the big life change (being off probation and moving on his own) was the trigger that caused his use, and then it was a run until he was out of everything.
He is back at that new beginning, but this one will not have the law hanging over his head. Its really up to him.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm keeping JJ in my prayers, that the lessons he has learned along the way will make this a wiser journey.

Hugs to you for all you have been through.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update.....hugs to you and I pray for your son and mine to see he way and keep continuing to fight the fight.............They are worth it!!!!