Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

I'm going to my first Dodgers Game (and yes F&F tied into this)

Old 09-05-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Never been to a dodgers game. My mother went a few times when the Airbus took trips down there but that was when I was still no-contact.

Then my ex-fiance said he'd take me but I refuse to go in a car with an intoxicated driver. All the good games aren't over until the last Amtrak leaves the station for my home.

So in my mom's honor I've wanted to go. Well, I bit the bullet and I'm going to the Dodgers/Giants game on the 19th with a busload of Dodgers fans. I already have my outfit picked out from my dodger's shirt to my my Dodgers tennis shoes. I'm also bringing just a couple specks of her ashes to drop in the stadium as I know that's where she wants to be.

This is recovery and I love it!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Good for you

I hope, you really enjoy yourself
Old 09-05-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Sounds great--have fun!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds AMAZING! I wonder if you could beg and plead with someone to get Mama's ashes down into the dugout? Maybe you could meet Howie Kendrick when you are down there...and take pictures to send to me....

OK sorry - he makes me swoon (THAT SMILE!!!) and I'm trying to meet him vicariously through you You have a blast!!
Old 09-06-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's awesome! What a special day it will be!

I love baseball games. Sorry, I'm a Giants fan though
Old 09-06-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Baseball affiliations aside, IOW I would be rooting for the team from SF, in all seriousness I think your idea is a wonderful tribute to your mother. Have you thought about contacting the public relations department of the Dodgers to see if they could make some accommodation for you to get your Mother's ashes on the field?

Also, having been a season ticket holder of the Yankees (don't start, it's a long story and I'm more of an NL fan) I know that in that restrictive stadium no matter what ticket one holds folks are allowed on the rails next to the field up until one hour before game time, which would give you an opportunity to have her ashes become part of Dodger Stadium if the PR department won't be sympathetic to your noble wants.