It's time......

Old 10-02-2004, 01:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's time......

Okay, it's time. We haven't had a post about this lately and I think we all could use the inspiration.
What have you done for YOU lately?

I had to go into work for an hour today. AH has the kid's. So afterwards, I went shopping. Bought me some clothes for work (It was soooo nice browsing around all by myself), went and had my hair cut (which I had put off way too long). And I also had my brows waxed!!! (My first time for that little treat). Drove through the drive thru and brought me home some dinner!
It was fun! I actually liked having that time all to myself, all by myself!!! (Never thought I'd actually just enjoy some ME time all by myself)
Old 10-02-2004, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I spent the morning working the back contestant gate at our local County Fair. Had a very good time talking to the gentleman who is the president of our local Horse Counsel. I will be going back with my kids to the dance tonight.
Very nice day.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
"learning to just be me"

I picked up my contacts this morning... something I'd been putting off.
I also tried on all sorts of glasses at the shop today. I enjoyed seeing all the different choices on me. --- then had some laughter with a friend's toy pomeranian puppy while playing fetch.

I renewed my library books instead of waiting for the late charges(due today). I am not sure I've ever done that. I am reading The Lessons of Love by Melody Beattie and just for fun...Life is short, Wear your Party Pants by Loretta Roche.

And, the day is not over yet!
Old 10-02-2004, 02:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Looked up a old friend I have not seen for over 20 years.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I shopped this morning and got a Liz jean jacket for $25.99. Need I say more??
Old 10-02-2004, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

I have been down with pneumonia for the past week or so. I have been very good about taking care of ME - realizing that the world will still turn etc etc even if I dont clean the house or cook or do any of those things I normally do.

It's been nice to just take care of me... I've been treating myself the way I would a close friend who was ill... and I think I will recuperate quicker as a result!

This may be a silly response, but it is a new behavior for me- to take care of ME and realize that my health is important.

HUGS
Barb
Old 10-02-2004, 05:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I am going off line to watch a great movie, then off to sleep unless the sleep comes before the movie finishes *LOL*

Tuskegee Airmen Great movie.
Old 10-02-2004, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Made a trip to Wal-Mart which is a treat I actually had a little money my old boss let me put in a few hours at the pet shop so I could buy my own shampoo....lol
It seems strange for me to get excited over toilet paper, shampoo , deoderant, and cat food but hey I am thankful I was able to get it....
Rose
Old 10-02-2004, 10:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had the perfect lazy sunday today. I finished one book I was reading (Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs) and then just reached out and started reading another one - about halfway through at the moment. I had my cat on the bed with me the whole time and finally got up sometime in the afternoon - I won't say what time because it's just too shameful! - then had a nice long shower and a walk in the afternoon sunshine.
Perfect.
HugZ
Sa
Old 10-04-2004, 06:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for these posts. I enjoyed reading them! I am trying to figure out what it means to take care of me - I get that it means putting my feelings before my AH's, but in terms of "doing" things for myself...I'm at a loss. It's been so long! I love spending time with my AH - especially since he is now (and for the first time) working his recovery (8 days today!). It's like being a newly wed and I want to spend all my time with him...he he he...I haven't felt this giddy in a really long time! But, I am not going to get side-tracked on my recovery as a CoDe. I am looking into taking a class (ballet for adults!) and I am trying to do one thing a week by myself. I'd love to hear suggestions!
Old 10-04-2004, 07:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Survivor

Lately, I have had a bubble bath, gave myself a pedicure, got the proper rest I need (still working on the whole balanced diet thing), went to see my sweet boyfriend in NYC, read a great book (besides that text crap I have to read for my classes... :dead: ), watched some good lifetime movies and cried like a baby. How's that for taking care of self!
Old 10-04-2004, 08:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Radar

I was spending the weekend taking care of me since I'm getting over a kidney infection. I was still feeling tired and unwell so I laid around. We went to church on Sat. night so I didn't have to get up for it. I slept until I woke up and didn't have to hear the alarm clock. I just watched movies and slept plus did some laundry and ironing. It was nice and quiet.
Old 10-04-2004, 08:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Gracey

I went to the new library they built in my town.......I went to see a friend for the first time in a long time by myself......I went to Sunday evening service just for me.....

Old 10-04-2004, 09:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've done the bubble bath thing, colored my hair, started my f2f meetings, bought myself ANOTHER Melodie Beatty book, and let myself enjoy the house being cleaned by my A and my son (I usually can't enjoy that, because all I can think of is that they don't put things where I keep them, they are using the wrong cleaner on that, they are hanging the clothes that get folded and vice/versa). I've also taken the time to enjoy some me time during my lunch breaks, rather than running crazy trying to take care of everything that has to be done by myself.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i enjoyed driving to my niece's NEW house to celebrate a great niece's 17th birthday. i went with my step daughter and we had a pleasant drive and enjoyed ourselves. my ah was, of course, not feeling well after drinking all week and going off on the weekend so he didn't go. that's ok - we had a great time!