Notices

I'm not sharing...

Old 08-26-2016, 05:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm not sharing...

I'm thinking this morning about posting - my LACK of posting, that is...
I don't know why I cant just say what I need to say or ask what I need to ask, I just don't.

Any of you have a hard time sharing?
I need to start talking; any advice with this would be great.

Have a wonderful day everybody.
Thanks for being here!
Old 08-26-2016, 06:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Perhaps read the threads, and when you find just ONE specific thing or idea that speaks to you, respond briefly to that. Ask a question or say "me, too" and elaborate just a little, something like that. Baby steps! I bet you will get more comfortable as you get to know people- and you can always PM someone who strikes you as having what you have, has something good to say, and the like.

Stick around!
Old 08-26-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I second August entirely. I have so many fleeting thoughts throughout the day that I never stop and post about. Ironically, I will login, and see that someone else posts about the thoughts I've had or similar thoughts. That is usually when I will take the time to respond about what I think on the subject...

When I start my own thread, it is usually when a certain something is weighing more heavily on my mind and heart that I need advice on.

In "real" face-to-face life I have a very hard time asking for help. That may be stemming more from my deep rooted past, but I tend to take on too much and not ask for help with it. Maybe that has something to do with your not wanting to ask for help? Maybe you think you can "fix" it on your own without "bugging" other people? (Although, everyone is here to help )
Old 08-26-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't "share" much, either, at least in yerms of asking for help. I'm an extreme introvert and a very private person, so it's easier for me to read the ESH of others. Since so much of what we experience in getting sober is the same, it's easier for me to get help by association, so to speak.

If you're going along pretty well, I don't think there's any real requirement to share unless you really want to?
Old 08-26-2016, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're awesome! Thank you!
Old 08-26-2016, 06:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trudgin

We can observe a lot just by watching.

Yogi Berra
Old 08-26-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Know were always here x
Old 08-26-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Different time zones very often mean the moment has long passed for me to make a comment on something from several pages earlier! But I keep reading, and I post occasionally
Old 08-26-2016, 02:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Maybe commit to posting on a particular thread? The 24 hours, perhaps, or a graditude thread or the weekender thread? The last one always starts with a thought-provoking post, which I try and respond to. It challenges me to think on thd topic and your response is always going to be welcome and on-topic, however many pages in it is.
Old 08-26-2016, 02:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Jodc - I definitely felt hesitant to post when I first came here. Many have posted about feeling the same way. I really like the other suggestions. Before long you'll start to feel comfortable. It was good you started this thread - that's progress.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sharing wasn't easy for me and it's still not natural to me...but I got better. Start by posting to people.
Sometimes people don't want a solution - they just want to be acknowledged

D
Old 08-26-2016, 04:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Just read and be active. When you need to share it will come.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I could have written your OP, jodc! I get it....

Part of my problem with sharing is I am a bit of a perfectionist...that can be good or bad, depending on the circumstances....

Good feedback/advice given here....
Old 08-26-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's really hard to ask for help and to put yourself out there. But, this is a safe environment, so when you are ready to share, we'll be ready to listen.
Old 08-29-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossyteacake View Post
Maybe commit to posting on a particular thread? The 24 hours, perhaps, or a graditude thread or the weekender thread? The last one always starts with a thought-provoking post, which I try and respond to. It challenges me to think on thd topic and your response is always going to be welcome and on-topic, however many pages in it is.
Flossyteacake, I like this idea, thank you.
Thank you all for your thoughts/ideas!
Old 08-29-2016, 07:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Why don't you take a look at the August class? I've found my class (July) to be amazingly helpful. I feel so close to all of my classmates. Just post that you're new and would like to join and I guarantee you will be welcomed with open arms!
Old 08-29-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hadda a wee bit of a problem with fear early on. didnt want people to hear what was really going on in my melon and the problems I had.
without getting the courage to open up, I couldn't get solutions. my thinking got me screwed up, so it wasn't going to help fix me.
got me some courage and got me some great solutions.

I was asked once," did ya have a problem opening up when ya were all drunked up at the bar?"
HUH!!!
that helped me get the courage.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

snap with Teetreeoil , I typed out many posts then deleted , retyped deleted then said forget it due to me thinking it never looks right then I just say "thats it like it or lump it " and hit the send button haha .
Old 08-30-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks Everyone.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I am gone starting tomorrow for 6 days - up in the high mountains so I'm not sure I will be able to connect with you but I will try.

I look forward to coming back and digging in here!

I wish each of you a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 08-30-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Optimist4ever57;6113071]Why don't you take a look at the August class? I've found my class (July) to be amazingly helpful. I feel so close to all of my classmates. Just post that you're new and would like to join and I guarantee you will be welcomed with open arms![/QUOTE

I guess I am mistaken about where I am posting...
Thank you, Optimist . I will look more closely at that when I return.