Have a situation here....

Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Have a situation here....

Okay, this situation is a little goofy, especially in light of what so many folks posting to Friends and Family Forum are experiencing. If nothing else, this may provide comic relief. So, I have posted before about my AB, who lives with and off my mother. They get along okay, sometimes a little snappy with each other, but overall, they jog along together reasonably well. About a week ago, I noticed that AB was watching the downstairs tv. He usually watches the upstairs one. Stays up there most of the day, until he limps off to his favorite watering hole for a spell. Upon investigation, it became clear that the second level tv isn't functioning well. Works, but the remote and tv aren't communicating, so it stays on one channel. Tried a couple of things to fix it, but no. Okay, so he has been downstairs a lot, which is different. I asked my mother today how she felt about him watching in the living room, was this okay. She said it was. She said she doesn't watch tv much anymore (which is true) and that if he wants to watch it, it's all right with her. So..I don't want to fix this if it isn't broken, but I feel like, sooner or later, she is going to get aggravated with situation. Don't know why I feel that way. I just do. Should I just let things go the way they are going to go? Wait for her to express dissatisfaction with the current situation? For all I know, she may like having him downstairs more. Advice appreciated😎.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It doesn't sound to me like there is anything here, particularly, to fix? And even if there were, it would be between your mother and your AB.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

True, Sparkle. They both have dementia. Hers is age related, his alcohol related. Not sure they could fix it on their own, but I am willing to sit back and let things unfold. Thanks!