Notices

Make a mantra

Old 08-23-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Make a mantra

Mantra:
- a word or sound repeated to aid concentration in meditation.
- a statement or slogan repeated frequently.

Pick something that you want to happen then set yourself up so your repeating at least every single day.

I had huge success with changing my passwords and log-in's to a goal.

Incontrol was a password I used starting in Feb 2015. I was out of control and decided to get in control in 2015. Every password was set to that. Obviously my user name here as well. Guess what... I DID IT!

Makemoney became my next password. Every day, multiple times in a day, I repeated that to myself through the use of passwords. Guess what... I DOUBLED MY INCOME.

Getitdone became my next password. I had some huge issues that have been on the back burner. Like filing bankruptcy. Guess what... I GOT EVERYTHING DONE.

Theres a lot of power in repeating these things to yourself every single day. On any given day, you may not hit that goal, but then comes a new day with new opportunities to move the bar a little in that direction.
Old 08-23-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

Ah-Omm. Ah-Omm. Good.
Ah-Omm. Ah-Omm. Good.
That's what Cambell's soup is
Ah-Omm. Ah-Omm. Good.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was just thinking of this, thanks for posting! I changed some of my work passwords to goal-driven things as well. It's crazy but it works!
I would love to hear some mantras, I suck at making them but I want to be good at it.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great idea Incontrol . . . I definitly do that with passwords!!
Old 08-23-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I should definitely make a mantra, but atm my main thinking word is NO .

"Nooo.....no...NO!!! Madruski, no drinking, you got that?" 😂😂
Old 08-23-2016, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
dcg
D♭7♭9♯9♯11♭13

I think the mantra stuff is great, but changing passwords, especially all of them, to the same easy passphrase is not safe.

Data is constantly being stolen by hackers, and they can take their time to break a password using a cracker offline. Something like, Makemoney, using a brute force cracker guessing 100 trillion times per second would take less than 30 seconds to crack.

Something like, &dV~5Fs(>**iZ!2t^v_+#3cKo0, would take trillions of trillions of centuries to crack statistically. Even adding a character and number, Makemoney7! or 1Makemoney!, would change it from less than 30 seconds to nearly 2 years, and even something as simple as Makemoney54321 would change it to centuries, and if you need something easy to remember for another account then you can use 12Makemoney345 and it would be equally strong as Makemoney54321 but doesn't run the risk of another account being immediately compromised if the other one gets compromised.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for that. I ways add numbers and characters as well as a cap in there.

However, having a different PW for various accounts is where I suffer.