Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am devastated - I've been given a 'red reputation' level on SR -why?

Notices

Old 08-21-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I joined SR a few months ago. I truly appreciate this site. I read more than I post, gaining such wisdom and insight into this burden we suffer.

But this morning, some of my innocent posts were deleted and subsequently, every post I've ever made, has a red spot against it, in the lower corner, adjacent to the 'report a post' triangle.

Initially, when I noticed I'd turned 'red', I thought I'd been reported. I was about to PM the Mods. But after some research on this site, I discovered that the circle was 'reputation' red for bad, green for good, blue for neutral.

SR members determine your colour by clicking on that button and 'voting' for you; not quite that simple though, the critics actually have to fill a form in. I'm devastated beyond belief. I'm a decent, honest, hard working person, and to receive a red mark is horrendous to me.

So I followed the instructions on SR, where you can hide your horrid 'red status' to no effect, it didn't work. I joined SR for support and instead I'm being treated like a leper. I'm so very sad, I just cannot believe this has happened, kick a person when they are down, I'd never do that. So I hold my head up high and will probably be banned for this post. But so be it. Why would I wish to mix with folks who pressed the 'reputation' button, then actually proceeded to fill in the requisite form. It beggars believe. I came here for insight and instead I'm criticised!
Old 08-21-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
quat

tasty
Every 'poster/user' box has the Report Post icon in it. An exclamation point symbol on a white field bordered in red, is that what you mean ? Btw how does one check their reputation, I'd be interested in what mine looks like .
Old 08-21-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have never heard of this before. I'm not sure it's true. If there was a problem I think you would have been PM'd.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Catch 22

Your spot turned blue again. Perhaps it was a practical joke. On the other hand, trying to please everyone will always fail. Surely the purpose here is to post honestly. If that leads to a red tatoo so be it.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
sober style

The circle seems to indicate whether a poster is online, from what I can tell. Green means they're online, blue means they're not.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you both. If you look at your post name, left hand side. Below it, there's a red 'report post' triangle - to the left of that triangle, there's a coloured circle. Mine is red, and both of yours are green.

Since noticing my new 'red status' this morning, ive read and read SR posts and can't find anyone else with a 'red status'. I'll review the FAQ s where I found the information regarding the circular status button settings, red, green and blue and get back to you. Thank you for your replies.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tatsy, right now your circle looks blue-- as far as I can see--
Old 08-21-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm seeing a blue circle also.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

Tatsy the dots color in the lower left corner of all posts refers to whether a person is logged in to this site or not. Hover over it with your pointer. If yours is red when you are logged in I cannot explain that.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yes blue
Old 08-21-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Catch 22

Your spot is blue. Relax.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Looks blue here as well.

Blue means someone is offline and green means they are online. I don't think it has anything to do with reputation.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone! The 'reputation level' is found under the forum banner FAQ; then User Profile Features; then r'reputation' at the bottom of the User Profile Features' list.

I've just logged out and then back in and on my screen, I'm still red. But thank you for saying I'm blue on yours. I'll PM an Administrator
or Moderator. I just felt that folks here were reporting my posts as untrustworthy, because the FAQ says that folks with a green circle are positive, those with blue are neutral and those with red are negative, according to the filled in reports the site has received from members. I just cannot believe people have reported me as negative.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Tatsy,

I am not very sure how to navigate this site but i agree with anazzydresser green is online and blue is offline. Keep posting and good luck!
Old 08-21-2016, 12:25 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh thank you for saying I'm still blue, I remain red on my screen, but nonetheless it's a relief to hear that all you good folks aren't seeing me as a 'red leper'. I'm sorry for the fuss and troubling you all.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

Tatsy, all is well. Your dot is red because you asked that your online status be invisible. Green means online, blue means offline. No leprosy. Just mouse over that spot for confirmation.

I checked that FAQ, and it seems that these reputation indicators you mention are squares, not dots. I also believe that the moderators have not enabled this function on this particular set of forums.
I suggest you keep your goal firmly in sight, ignore anything that might ke you from it. You CAN do this, I know it! Onward!
Old 08-21-2016, 12:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Oh goodness ((Tatsy)) the reason you see "red" is because you're in invisible mode.

Green simply means you're online.

Blue.. offline.

The "red" triangle ... everyone has one, it's to report a post.

We don't rate or judge anyone here. I promise you that!

Please see my PM, regarding your removed posts.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yep...my dot is always red because I am in "invisible" mode. No one else can tell if I am online or not.
Old 08-21-2016, 01:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

If there were really a "reputation" function for posters on SR, I'm pretty sure my status would be "red" too, but as a part of recovery I try to remember the old AA saying, "What others think of me is none of my business." It's not always easy, that's for sure!
Old 08-21-2016, 01:26 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Trudgin

I rate myself as a red, typically........