12months later

Old 08-20-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

12months later

I left my very high functioning husband, 15 months ago boy what a roller coaster.....I love that deep down feeling...my soul, my inner self is actually really friggin happy!!!! I love this feeling!!
If this makes sense but leaving him with my 3kids has been the most horrible woworsthing I've ever been through.. but at the same time the best ever thing,,, crazy!

He is so high functioning you wouldn't believe! He is seeing the kids weekly, he is a evening beer drinker.
I saw him with kids tonight I could def get the smell we all know, and the smirk smile, but he's very functioning putting them to bed, cooking for them etc but really is it safe just cause he functions so well? ? He has never been abusive or aggressive with the kids, ever. He's just more happier, slightly slower. Grrrr I hate this.

Last edited by Helly; 08-20-2016 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Extra
Old 08-20-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Well, I don't think it's ever a good idea to drink when you have kids in your custody, but people do it all the time.

I think my biggest concern would be what would happen if one of them was injured/sick and they had to go to the ER. Someone could be capable of cooking and putting to bed and still be a menace if they were driving in that condition.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, yes hey I totally agree, but I do know that he would call me straight away, he has never driven while drunk with the kids, I'm close by , he has called me before when my girl was sick.

No excuses I'm not making it ok, but I do know he would call me for problems with the children.

This doesn't sit well with me at all, the fact he sees them once a week you'd think he would put the beer down but ohnoway idiot.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I find time helps, time can either put things into perspective or sometimes not make it feel so bad, it's hard to know what to trust, with what's normal, because it was my normal!
Old 08-22-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How do you know that he has never driven them while drunk?

I say absolutely no alcohol when children are present.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Also - perceived level of functioning is irrelevant.