Notices

Newcomer-Introduction

Old 08-19-2016, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PT1

Newcomer-Introduction

Hey everyone,I'm 33 and from the UK.
I just wanted to say what I'm feeling and perhaps get some perspective from others really.
I've come to realise over the last few months that I have a problem with Cocaine, and that I have for a long time.
The thing is, I don't use it every day, in fact I don't in the week at all, I get up, go to work, try and go to the gym a couple of times a week after work and generally do normal stuff, however as soon as the weekends coming I have the urge to go out and use it, combined with drinking too, and while I do like doing both together I feel alcohol is more a trigger than an addiction too in that I can happily have a beer or a glass of wine in the week and not want to drink more but as soon as I have 3 or 4 drinks it makes me want to do coke.
I try to say I won't do it this weekend and find myself unable to resist and truthfully I feel incredibly unhappy and have a genuine desire to lead a more productive and fulfilling life, I just don't know how to go about it.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi PT1 I haven't touched coke in around 4 years now & I've been sober just over 3 years I'm from the UK and I'm 34 just want you to know it's possible bud stick with us
Old 08-19-2016, 02:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi PT1,

Welcome to SR. I m 33 and also in the UK. I did have a problem with coke in the past too but have been clean from that for 6 years. You can do it, look around here and you'll find a nice community and a lot of information.

P
Old 08-19-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
PT1

Originally Posted by Soberwolf View Post
Hi PT1 I haven't touched coke in around 4 years now & I've been sober just over 3 years I'm from the UK and I'm 34 just want you to know it's possible bud stick with us
Thanks man,
I find too that doing coke and drinking over the weekend leaves me with worse and worse hangovers from it that leave me taking 2 or 3 days to recover only to still go and do the same the next week, and find myself often feeling thoroughly depressed in the week.
It's also very hard to avoid when most of your friends do it recreationally at some point.
Can I ask how you first started in becoming sober?, I guess the fact I'm on here on a Friday night and not out is a good start for me.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

An excellent start ...

I got clean in July 2012 it was just one of those moments where I knew I couldn't carry on like this but in stopping that I started drinking even more than before and by July 2013 I knew I had to stop drinking or die was passing out constantly not knowing what I have said where I had been etc

SR is a great place for anyone in recovery and you have done yourself a favour signing up a great idea would be to join the class of august also in this section (newcomers to recovery)

Introduce yourself we understand and no one will judge you join right in brother

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-11.html
Old 08-19-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad to meet you, PT1 - I hope it'll help to talk things over here. We all understand what you're going through. Be proud of yourself for taking this step and reaching for a better life. You can do this.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to SR PT1
Old 08-19-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum PT1!!