Notices

Day 2. Introduction...

Old 08-19-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 2. Introduction...

Good morning everyone...I just found this site yesterday and I imagine I will be spending a great deal of time here.
You see, I used to drink.... A lot. Then I stopped for quite a few years, but now, it is rearing its ugly head again.... I divorced and am since engaged again (5years later) to a fine gentleman who doesn't have the backbone to not drink himself (but I can drink him under the table).
But he isn't my problem. My problem is me. One is too many and a case not enough.
I hate waking up and feeling fuzzy and having no energy and just laying around. I hate that my memory is leaving me and I am gaining weight. I hate that I have no control over this demon inside that wants to destroy me.
I am a nurse and a damn good one, and I see patients all the time that are alcoholics and/ or addicts. That are my age.... I don't want to go that far. (No, I have never drank at work).
I also have an ulcer and have been told not to drink, but I still do. I can't control it.
Well... Enough. Thank you for this site and the inspiration.
I hope to "meet" a lot of you and make some friends to give me encouragement throughout this journey....
(((Hugs!)))

Pitty
Old 08-19-2016, 03:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Pitty - you'll find a lot of support and good ideas here

D
Old 08-19-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hi Pitty - welcome to SR ..
I hope you find the help and support you need to get sober.
Thanks for your story and best to you.
Old 08-19-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Pitty. As you've already noticed, there is a ton of wisdom and compassion within this community.

You've stopped drinking before, you have the strength to do it again. You know what it takes and just need to brush off the tools that got you there.

Use all of the things you hate about what drinking brings into your life to not drink today. Start with small building blocks and build on them each day.

My wife drinks too, she has for a long time. I still managed to quit with her drinking and having alcohol in the house. it's not easy, but if you put your mind to it, you will be sober again.

Glad you found us. Lean on this community to get you through the tough times.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Pitty. We are glad to have you here.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Pitty! There are a lot of great people and lots of support here!
Old 08-19-2016, 05:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
totfit

Welcome. Sounds like you understand the gist of the issue. That is not having the first. I really try and keep it simple after years of "flopping around". I am just not like those folks in the TV ads. If I have one, I break out in a drunk. You have had quite a bit of sober time, so you at least have the experience and know it is most achievable. I just remember it is the first one that gets me and avoid that. To me it is no big deal. I would rather have that issue than a peanut allergy. I love peanut butter.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-19-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Pitty
Old 08-19-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So much support!!! Thank you all! I appreciate all of you!!! <3
Old 08-19-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Pitty. Welcome. I'm new to SR and come from a similar background as far as my drinking. My drinking became out of control for about 4 years, I quit for about 4 years and as of last weekend had been drinking again for almost 4 years (hmmm. Just typing that is interesting...4-year cycle). Anyway, maybe you can remember (I'm trying to keep it my mind right now) how good you felt when you did not drink and use it as a tool to stay sober now. I'm struggling now as its only been 5 days, but I'm using it as a tool as it would be GREAT to feel they way I do when I'm drinking and become myself again. No second guessing, ruining friendships, hangovers, hiding, etc., etc.
Old 08-19-2016, 02:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Hi Pitty. Welcome. I'm new to SR and come from a similar background as far as my drinking. My drinking became out of control for about 4 years, I quit for about 4 years and as of last weekend had been drinking again for almost 4 years (hmmm. Just typing that is interesting...4-year cycle). Anyway, maybe you can remember (I'm trying to keep it my mind right now) how good you felt when you did not drink and use it as a tool to stay sober now. I'm struggling now as its only been 5 days, but I'm using it as a tool as it would be GREAT to feel they way I do when I'm drinking and become myself again. No second guessing, ruining friendships, hangovers, hiding, etc., etc.
Hi Quincy! Thank you for your reply.... However... I was seriously UNhappy when I wasn't drinking as I was in an incredibly unhappy marriage. I wasn't permitted to do anything.... However, now, this relationship is much better (except a few snags here and there), and I find myself imbibing a bit more than I am comfortable with...
But we shall prevail! I just know it!!! This time will be a complete and total success!!! For both of us!!!!
Old 08-19-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
You would think I was drinking. The second to last sentence should have read, ".....it would be Great to feel the way I did when I wasn't drinking...".
Old 08-19-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Pitty!!
Old 08-19-2016, 07:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello and Welcome!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi pitty. ...nice to see you here. I quit drinking by staying close to this site, reading and posting often. You quit once, you can do it again.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:34 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!
Old 08-19-2016, 10:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi & Welcome Pitty
Old 08-20-2016, 05:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome Pitty! I assume you have a pitbull? I hope you get as much from SR as I have.
Old 08-20-2016, 05:28 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome!