Being thankful

Old 08-18-2016, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Being thankful

We are all in different places in our lives. Some of us are in what we consider a "good" place while others consider themselves at "rock bottom".

I have learned thru these years that even in your most darkest hour there is always something to be thankful for.

Today I am thankful for my serenity, even if it is just for today.

So, what are YOU thankful for today???

Old 08-18-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am thankful for God's promises. That each time I have believed in and acted on His promises through all of this, He has provided me with more peace, serenity, and happiness in one way or another. I am thankful for my small group - I opened up last night, finally, and feel like the weight of a thousand worlds is off of my shoulders. The wall I had put up between me and my small group girls came down, and I feel like I am on my way to building healthy relationships with people who care and can be life-long true friends.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm thankful for me dog. He's been my rock getting through all this. Forces me to get out of the house to walk him, we've been doing 4 miles or so a day. I've lost 18lbs since the beginning of July between him and a change in diet
Old 08-18-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

THankful for a pretty peaceful and simple life at the moment.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have lots to be thankful for. I have a healthy, bright 6 year old boy full of imagination and wonder. I am relatively healthy myself, though, I need to lose some weight. I have already lost 10 pounds since I decided that I am leaving the xABF again. That is wonderful!

I have a great job where I can support myself and my son comfortably. My company is growing strong and in good financial shape, so I can be here as long as I want and grow, grow, grow.

My brother finally got out of town and went to a remote part of the country where he has got clean, is working and is looking to provide for his family. My mom is relieved that he is on a different path. We are both hoping he can make it.

Lots to be thankful for! I have known 3 young people who have died in the last year. All younger than myself. Seeing this and knowing them made me realize how short and precious life can be. I need to live life today and find joy in little things. I need to be thankful that today I get to wake up and spend another day on this Earth. Life is truly miraculous.

Thanks for letting me share.