Notices

Hello

Old 08-17-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi im alcohol addicted or not im not sure. Only thing i know im 30 yo and alcohol create serious problems in my life.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Greetings!
I personally don't (and can't) know if you have a drinking problem or are an alcoholic or not. But it speaks volumes that you found this forum and are asking this question. Typically I think if you have to ask whether you have a problem or not, then you most likely do. So not knowing you, I would reckon that yeah, you probably do have a problem with drinking.
If you do, the good news is that this site is awesome and full of great advice and support. Stick around! I look forward to seeing more of your posts
Old 08-17-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Welcome. It doesn't matter what you want to call yourself. If alcohol is causing problems it's a problem that's worth addressing. Why don't you try not drinking for 30 days and see how that goes.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thx ppl. Im not sure about if im alcoholic because i drink sometimes not evryday. But after a while im always drinkind and its cause needless problems to me. Too much problem i got because of alcohol.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I believe that the problems we can recognize as a result of alcohol, are part of the tools that can help us quit. When you play the tape to the end, you will know what the end is.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Alkolik
Old 08-17-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

i'm not overweight

i never think about how much i eat or go on a diet

i'm not a gambler addict

i never think about or miss gambling

i'm not irresponsible with money or live a debtor lifestyle

I AM AN ALCOHOLIC

non alcoholics never think about if their drinking is a problem

Old 08-17-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Maybe ure right jaunary161992
Old 08-17-2016, 03:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Alkolik.

When I was 30 I had the same thought - that alcohol created serious problems in my life. I did nothing about it. As a result, my life fell apart years later & I had become completely dependent on it. This doesn't need to happen to you. We're glad you're here.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:33 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Alkolik!!
Old 08-18-2016, 11:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alkolik View Post
Thx ppl. Im not sure about if im alcoholic because i drink sometimes not everyday. But after a while im always drinkind and its cause needless problems to me. Too much problem i got because of alcohol.
I didn't drink every day either. I could stay sober Monday to Thursday (although I'd be awfully sulky for the duration while I waited for the drinking days to roll around). And when I drank things always got problematic, and in the end alcohol made my life unmanageable. Despite knowing what would happen, I couldn't drink 'normally '. Once I'd started I never wanted to stop. The person that I was after the first drink didn't feel like the person I was before it. Sometimes I could stop, but I invariably didn't want to. Plus, my alcoholic thinking didn't only interfere with my life when I was drunk. My alcoholic thinking could wreck any day of the week, drunk or sober. Thankfully recovery can address both alcoholic drinking and alcohol thinking. Things are much , much better now that I have been sober 2 years 5 months and have worked the 12-step program of recovery with a sponsor in AA.

There are lots of online questionnaire things you can do to get an idea of whether you are an alcoholic. But at the end of the day, if alcohol is causing you problems yet you still don't want to give it up, then you might want to ask yourself why that is.

Alcoholics Anonymous : Is A.A. For You? Twelve questions only you can answer

Linked with the permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.

But only one person can say if you are alcoholic, and that is you.

Last edited by Dee74; 08-18-2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: please remember copyright disclaimer for aa.org links