Notices

whatever

Old 08-14-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

whatever

I'm pretty much just at my darkest moment. I've stayed drunk for like 3 weeks. I have no plan of stopping, I've shut my family out and stopped returning their texts and they are worried I might be dead, my best friend shut me out completely because I told her I was in love with her and she's married, a family member just died, and I'm literally just sitting around in the dark watching stupid TV shows and playing video games all the time. And not working. I might be evicted soon from my apartment. I'm crying all the time. I'm incoherent. Sorry if this is weird.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

maybe drinking isn't much of a solution??? you are here, how can we help you? do you WANT help?
Old 08-14-2016, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Been there.

This can get much worse, or a whole lot better.

What's your choice?
Old 08-14-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It'll get a whole lot better if you stop drinking xo
Keep your head up- you're better than this.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cl9000 View Post
I'm pretty much just at my darkest moment. I've stayed drunk for like 3 weeks. I have no plan of stopping, I've shut my family out and stopped returning their texts and they are worried I might be dead, my best friend shut me out completely because I told her I was in love with her and she's married, a family member just died, and I'm literally just sitting around in the dark watching stupid TV shows and playing video games all the time. And not working. I might be evicted soon from my apartment. I'm crying all the time. I'm incoherent. Sorry if this is weird.
Sounds like you are suffering from depression, and are using alcohol to cope. Sadly alcohol is a depressant, and makes things worse. If you have medical insurance maybe go see a doctor and see what they say. When my parents were sick and dying I went to a counselor which helped. Maybe that would help you as well. One of the first things I told my counselor was alcohol was making my depression worse and she suggested some coping methods that helped me slow down and stop drinking. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

cl9000 - There's one thing I can promise you, if you continue down the path you're on, things are only going to get worse. Please put down the bottle and get some help.

Stick around and keep posting.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You have us here.
And a lot more if you think about it.
Things always seen so dark when we're drinking.
We hope that the drink will take it away, but in the long run it gets worse.

Have you considered getting help?

You need a firm foundation(being sober). Then you can start building the life YOU want. Cheer up, you made a big step here.

And no, it's not weird.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you feel so bad right now. But, you do have a choice to change things and I think that's why you came here. My suggestion is to stop drinking and talk to your dr. If you are depressed, there is treatment that can help. Drinking worsens depression. We are here to help.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Keep reading and checking in.

I promise if you get clean.....It gets better.

If you are thinking of hurting yourself please call 911.

The ER can detox you.
Old 08-14-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR. Most of us found this place, and reached out for help, when we were at our lowest - just like you.

Poke around. Read through some of the helpful advice that you will find here.

And, most important, know that there is hope.

I am glad you are here with us.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi cl9000
No matter how much drinking throws you into despair I think you want help or you wouldn't be here ?

Maybe something like AA is worth a try this time....a roomful of real people with real support might be what you need to stop this spiral?

D
Old 08-14-2016, 06:09 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I was in similar shape just before I got sober for good. You don't have to live this way - you can get free.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hi and welcome
Just know we are here to help.
24/7 there is always someone to talk with.

I just know.... If you can make a commitment to stop drinking things will get better. I promise. Tomorrow can be day 1.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Not weird at all this is alcoholism brother if you have no plans of stopping why have you reached out

Not to sound smart but deep down I know you don't want to be drinking and this reaching out is a sign of that hence the tears & heartache

Know you can make a full recovery and by accepting this then you never have to go through this again

Here for you brother x
Old 08-14-2016, 11:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi cl. When I look back at my drinking days it's pretty amazing how different things were. All that's changed is no drink or drugs, and yet, so much more has changed. I started with one thing at a time and ended up smoke free and sober. Life is so much cleaner and clearer and safer too. Do it for number 1, you. Btw I admire the fact you told your friend how you feel if that's how you feel deep down.
Old 08-15-2016, 12:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You may not realise it, but something - maybe some higher power, or maybe the real you who is trapped under alcoholic stupor you - wants you to get well. If not, what are you doing reaching out to a sobriety website when you are so determined not to let anyone help?

I rambert thinking that sobriety would be painful and depressing. The truth is that it wasn't as painful and depressing as drinking has started to be. Sure, as time wore on, I found there were things (emotional stuff) that i needed to address because I'd pretty much stuffed everything away and drank on it for the last 25 years, so it was a bit of a festering wound that needed to be cleaned and heal. But that as well, wasn't half as painful as carrying it around had been.

What I'm trying to say is that there IS hope. Just you're in a dark place at the moment and just can't see it. I remember being there, and remember just how lonely it is. The good news is that there are thousands of alcoholics in recovery, some just round the corner from your own home, others thousands of miles away but on here. And we can guide you out when you become desperate enough to trust us, stop drinking (because that isn't working very well for you at the moment, is it) and start working on your own recovery so that sobriety can be sustainable any comfortable for you.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

You can turn this around, no matter how much it feels like the chips are down.

We all had to take that leap of faith, that leap into the unknown, it can be done, Sobriety can give you your life back and there are many here that can guarantee that there is definitly light at the end of the tunnel!!
Old 08-15-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by cl9000 View Post
I'm pretty much just at my darkest moment. I've stayed drunk for like 3 weeks. I have no plan of stopping...
Some part of you wants to quit, why else would you post to a sobriety site?

So what is one step you can do to get you closer to quitting. Throw out the booze? See a doctor about detoxing/withdrawals? Call your family and tell them you need help?
Old 08-15-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You still with us cl9000? Maybe check in?
Old 08-15-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi CL, how are you doing now? Check in when you can.