Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Secular Recovery > Secular Connections
Reload this Page >

Very excited to join you here... and I found a meeting by my work!

Old 08-09-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Hi everyone!

I am new to Smart Recovery and have now clocked my personal best in time spent reading about a Recovery program! They should have an Olympic sport for that. If I added cartwheels after reading each passage I would totally place.

I am happy to be here in the secular forum. I look forward to getting to know you and learn from your experiences.

So, there is a Wednesday night meeting near my workplace! I can't wait to go. What can I expect from the meeting?

A little about me... I go by Bug around SR (my username before a relapse was Lightning Bug, I can't remember the password so I am trying to recover that account). Name is Laura. I stopped drinking April 26th, relapsed June 27th, (dry drunk syndrome) and spent the month of July in rehab. I rejoined the real world in early August, but haven't gone back to work yet. That will be August 15th. It was tough coming back home. I am trying desperately to find the peace and security I felt in rehab. I am 100% certified grain fed ADHD and need structure and self discipline in order to succeed in anything. I am determined to succeed in sobriety.

That is me! I am keeping a journal on the newcomer's board if anyone would like the whole story.

Glad to be here!
Old 08-09-2016, 03:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looking forward to hearing about it Bug

D
Old 08-09-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome, Bug! Look forward to hearing how SMART goes for you.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
waking down

Unfortunately, it's four hours round trip for me to attend a SMART meeting, but the one I went to was the best support group meeting I've ever attended. Glad to hear it.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

SMART likely saved my life. This morning I attended an online meeting. I'm now using SMART in my smoking quit as well as my former engagement with a man who abuses drugs and alcohol.

When I quit there wasn't a single meeting in my town. Now there are three including one at a treatment center, and next month I start facilitating my meeting which will make four. In the Spring I'm going to facilitate our only Friends and Family meeting as well.

Its so exciting to see the growth of secular options for those of us with addictions.