Notices

Was offered drinks many times last night

Old 08-08-2016, 12:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was offered drinks many times last night

My wife and I were invited to go to one of the hot spots in town last night with some of my co-workers. We haven't been out in a long while so figured why not since I usually turn them down. I felt great as I received my 90 day chip over the weekend. My wife asked me if I was going to be ok being around basically everyone drinking. I told her I feel great and lets go have a good time.

Once we arrived the party started quickly. The bottles arrived and out come the cocktails. I told my co-workers I'm driving so I'm not drinking. One of them kept trying to get me to drink at least 10 different times probably. I just laughed it off and changed the topic. I had no problem making drinks for my wife or anyone else. She was worried about me for a while, but she told me today that she realizes she can't control me and if I was going to do it I would do it. I told her she was absolutely right.

Well I'm glad I still had a great time drinking a lot of juice and listening to some good music.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job GetRight
Old 08-08-2016, 12:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done for getting your 90day chip and good to see you handled your night out so well. There will come a time when being around people drinking won't phase you at all but right now staying centred and focused is paramount. Well done. Elle
Old 08-08-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great job on making it through GetRight!!
Old 08-09-2016, 02:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A cyber pat on your back from me.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Get!

I'm very glad that you have flexed those sober muscles and had a successful night. I hate those people who just keep offering us drinks. What's their deal!?!?

Keep being vigilant and working your plan. Remember it's not easy, but it's totally worth it.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Old 08-10-2016, 11:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It felt good to say no thank you. I would usually be the guy that would be regretting what I possibly did that night. I woke up with no worries.

Originally Posted by Nowsthetime View Post
Hi Get!

I'm very glad that you have flexed those sober muscles and had a successful night. I hate those people who just keep offering us drinks. What's their deal!?!?

Keep being vigilant and working your plan. Remember it's not easy, but it's totally worth it.