# 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Thanks for part 2 D
Old 08-07-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thanks Dee

Congratulations Tetra

I just go to submit the finest post in SR history to find the thread has closed. What are the chances of that happening? You will have to make do with this one now

Ruby what a downbeat way to end a lovely day! I am relieved you are unhurt, hopefully the other person's insurance will take care of you dented bumper, still a pain in the butte though

Nons, I am pleased things are looking, er, up. Nothing like a bit of spousal insecurity to provide pack lunches and other benefits

Brynn, he does not have to try very hard to get my approval as I feel quite sorry for her previous boyfriends - i am surprised that none of them have been driven to murder or suicide to be honest.

"What is Cambodia" is the sort of thing Dizzee might come out with

OK bedtime here, have a good Monday Dee,Trees, have a good Sunday everyone else
Old 08-07-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Thanks Dee

Congrats on shotgun Tetra.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I haven't had a break really since getting home. Running errands errands and more errands. So I didn't make dinner which stinks because I bought chicken and pork that needs time I don't have during the week.

Chicken. By the way, the chicken at Melina's restaurant was very good.

Weasel, good luck with the house hunting. I always wondered if the pics they post online are an accurate depiction. Some houses look like they have a giant open living room but I know from the footprint of the standard house here that it just can't be. You'll find the right place.

Frozen pizza? Whatever
Old 08-07-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Glad you weren't hurt Ruby.

Glad you three had a great time. I would love to get a chance to meet SR friends.
Old 08-07-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
Chicken. By the way, the chicken at Melina's restaurant was very good.
I just figured it out ... Mel works at KFC.

Guess I should hide when she shows up. She might go full on Xena on me.

(((Mel)))
Old 08-07-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

[QUOTE=ScrewdUpInDe;6081914. She might go full on Xena on me.

(((Mel)))[/QUOTE]

You should be so lucky
Old 08-07-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

Hehe
Old 08-07-2016, 05:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Formerly ScrewdUpInDe

I didn't mean to break the thread.

Or is like high school, when you hear that there is going to be a fight and everyone just waits for it to start?
Old 08-07-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm here. The day got away from us and we are just now getting our Lou Malnatti's pizza delivered. Yum!!! I'm going to eat and then go straight to bed. I'm looking forward to that, and to getting home tomorrow. Work on Tuesday will be easy compared to this trip.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Marty is lucky. She got Lou Malnati. I put in a frozen Home Run Inn pizza for the kids. I'm pooped and just sitting here listening to the cicadas.

Ooh. Must plug in phone. But I will check in later
Old 08-07-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScrewdUpInDe View Post
I just figured it out ... Mel works at KFC.

Guess I should hide when she shows up. She might go full on Xena on me.

(((Mel)))
KFC was my very first job! The irony is not lost on me, folks middle aged and frying chicken again, spending all day with swass and swoobies. If you don't know what those words mean, you're on your own bc I'm not allowed to explain them on this site or allude to their meanings
But now I have a fancy title so it's all good. The grown up salary don't hurt, either.

I have a couple thoughts from our last thread...

U75, how did you manage to get that house and have four kids and remain married and you are the same age as me AND be an alcoholic? I have kept one plant alive for 16 years and I constantly think of it as a benchmark of my adulthood and maturity. Its my longest relationship, ok? I'm astounded and I want to know everything! I'm envious in a joyful, like wow way not a poopy jealous way. I collect information here on how to adult, so spill the beans, please and thank you! And when can I come stay? I'm bringing the SR Midwest sisters, we'll do your gardening in exchange for room. I'll fill your freezer up with kid friendly casseroles. True story.

Sao, when your daughter has tired of Chef Santiago or you just decide you don't like him for her, pass him my info. Dile que hablo español y que también soy chef (tell him I speak Spanish and I'm also a chef). I won't charge you for getting him away from her, I'm just a kind soul that way. All selfless and stuff

Tetra, if I ever get to Ireland I will go meet you! My dad just got back a few days ago, he was golfing there all around the country for a couple weeks. I'm so happy he is enjoying his retirement. Too bad my mom passed right when he retired but he is finding his way and enjoying life.

Mesa, I enjoyed feasting my eyes on your big Butte. That was a great photo.

Ken, I would love to cook for you! I'd actually love to cook with you bc you absolutely know what you're doing and I enjoy reading how you cook and season... I usually feel grunty and resentful when I have to cook on my free time, but...

I would really really really love to cook for my Weekender family. I just want to blow your minds... not with anything crazy fancy or exotic unless you wanted it, but with a great family meal... passing around platters of food that gets your hands messy, everyone will have a speck of sauce on their face, chatter would rise and flow, and a moment of silence in that sweet spot where everyone's got a full plate and they are all staring down at it bc the flavors just hit them and there's like two or three things on their plates they have yet to taste and they can't believe what is unfolding on their palates and they're so excited to keep going and even the vegetarians have a full plate of thoughtful and varied goodness not just a full plate of potato salad (brynnie!!) and then slowly somebody lifts their head, still chewing, makes eye contact, can't talk yet full mouth, weird crooked smile, grunt grunt grunt chew swallow, and shift your weight to make room for that burgeoning belly... And slowly the silence is broken and the noise level rises and everyone is giddy and a little sweaty from indulgence and then I'm done, folks.. Someone else can serve the pie and ice cream. That's the time I sit down and eat and catch up with everyone. With my heart full.

That's why I cook. That's why I've done this for 25 years professionally. Thank you grandma, Mom and KFC for a great start.

xoxo
Old 08-07-2016, 06:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Beautiful, Melina.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

My first job was at a fried chicken joint too. It was the local favorite/crazy busy. I was 14. 14YO girls really shouldn't be working in restaurants. . .for so many reasons, all of which I'm too tired to type.

Beach walk. Nothing to report. Cloudy. Bag of Trader Joe's popcorn and Go Raw Trek Mix (nuts and fruit) for dinner. Take that all you cheffie cheffersons.

G'nite. Good spending a portion of my sober weekend with all you fine people.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Welp, Melina ~

You made my Day. I can now go to my Grave knowing that a Babe has said this to me:

'Mesa, I enjoyed feasting my eyes on your big Butte.'

Stupor Kewl Write-ups, Goil, on your [non] Prom; Xena; and KFC!

This is a Beach shot from last Night while we let MesaDog run around. He was in Heaven!

Weirdness today that coulda been massive. While doing a Trailer Check in the Supermarket Parking Lot near MesaVille while MesaMate grabbed a few items, I couldn't help but notice that one of the massive Steel Bars that transfer Trailer Weight to the mondo Truck Hitch was gone. Just gone. It just up and fell off somewhere, having come loose from this retaining Mechanism it locks into. No logical explanation. I check everything pre-Tow as though I'm going out the Space Station for a Space Walk.

So, I been on-line ordering a replacement, since this Website is offering Free Shipping for another Hour. This Weight Distribution Bar is really heavy. Meanwhile, I found another ~$500- of Trailer 'stuff' I've been meaning to order.

Had this loose Bar hit, say, a Motorcyclist, it could have been fatal. So, I figgered out a plan to drill out one end of these 2 Bars, and clip them to the Trailer. A Safety Chain idea.

Thanking Zeus tonight for all Karmic favors granted today. And now, for our Moment Of Zen...

Old 08-07-2016, 07:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi everyone -
busy weekend and I'm hopelessly behind on the thread.
I did see that melina, ruby, and mld had lunch. That sounds like so much fun! I'd love to meet so many of you in person.
I just had a 40 minute power failure. It was kinda scary but thank goodness for my dogs and camping lanterns. The power is back on now.
ok...just checking in. ..I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-07-2016, 07:40 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

bimmalimmie, I eat tons of mixed nuts for dinner sometimes.

I just forget to eat or I'm too busy and I just need salt.

I am a little proud of myself that I remember which side of my mouth to chew hard nuts on due to a crown and directions from my dentist. But I still mix it up a bit bc thug life.

I never thought adulthood meant keeping some weird kind of weekly/monthly mental track of which side of my mouth I chewed on for certain textures of food.