Notices

It's that time of day

Old 08-07-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's that time of day

Seems about midday the worst of my cravings kick in. Also I'm feeling bored, I drank to combat boredom. Im tired, I drank to stimulate myself.
Bored but too tired to do anything about it.
Thinking about drinking. I probably won't.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

You don't want to do that. Play the tape forward. That's a place you don't want to be. You can get thru this.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Aargh. Boredom. This alone kept me drinking. But then my brain had reached such a low-functioning state very little could motivate me anyway. Some say it is rooted in poor nutrition, sleep, even depression (in my case - maybe). From what I've read and experienced, this is NOT uncommon for many of us.
How to deal? You can visit blogs that give the same "obvious' advice (their advice is not enticing me). Well, when I am super bored I am also super without-a-sense-of-humor. I visit a website called "Mandatory: (Bringing back Man" or some such). Sounds a bit sexist and parts probably are, but darn-it if they don't feature some of the funniest photos and gifs (maybe not as much as a year ago). I frequently gaffaw. There's also a site called "I' m Not In My Right Mind" I THINK (can't google while composing. I'll check later). IT's pretty funny.
So for me, laughter can yank me out of my bored state and get the higher brain working, and your higher brain is more interested and creative. Google "funny sites" - stuff like that. Get laughing, girl
Old 08-07-2016, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lol ok Dame, tx I'll check out the sites I could use a good laugh
Old 08-07-2016, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Was feeling pretty irritable, grabbed a ginger ale and just waiting for supper to finish. Trying to keep my head above water here
Old 08-07-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Mandy. Don't know about you (or where you are located), but it is SUNDAY here, and if there is any day of the week prone to boredom, it's gotta be Sunday.
Right now I'm mega bored, so I'm thinking about the NOT-awful stuff I'll do tomorrow (if there's unpleasant Monday stuff for you - ignore X a million )
Oh and something happened to I'm Not in My Right Mind, so nix that.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes boring Sunday afternoon lol
I have a bunch of crappy errands to take care of tomorrow ooOOOo and housework lol
My husband is napping in the chair and I'm annoyed lol I feel like we never do anything , in a rut and can't seem to motivate him to want to make any changes to our routine , ho hum. Its like our day stops at 3:30 ! Time to think about supper and getting kids to bed and then it's bedtime. Ok I'm venting / ranting , I'm irritating myself now lol
Old 08-07-2016, 02:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
~sb

try not to look for things to get irritated about

can you do something nice for you after you get the kids to bed? a nice cup of non-caffeinated tea and a bubble bath? a funny tv show? meditation? You've made it through another day, Sober!!!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

If you drink to feel good now, you'll feel ashamed tomorrow then post on here how you are on day 1 again. Screw day 1 again, day 1 over and over makes you feel hopeless. Don't drink and be proud of yourself tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I have to remind myself sometimes that I shouldn't be counting on others to alleviate my boredom or to provide my happiness.
I'm going to eat dinner and then get off my butt and do SOMETHING
Old 08-07-2016, 03:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

For me the hardest part in getting things done is getting started...
Old 08-07-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Maybe not to provide your happiness, but if I had even a handful of friends, I'd hit 'em up with a phone call to see if they are equally bored.
Yeah get your Guy off his rear end if you feel so inclined. Or have a dance party in right there in the living room. Dancing is contagious, doncha know
Old 08-07-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

Remember the cravings will pass there are sticky links to help with cravings in the future or tonight if you need
Old 08-07-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well I had a big dinner, very full, and craving subsided lol. That's 3 days in a row. I'm not sure if that's a reliable recovery tool but I'm seeing a pattern. Anyways another day conquered
Old 08-07-2016, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Mandy, have you heard of HALT when a craving happens? Hungry, Angry, Lonely, Tired - when we are confronted with a craving, we probably feel at least one of those things or a combination.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I really dislike boredom, too. Sometimes I just have to force myself to go for a walk, but sometimes it is okay to just feel the boredom. Often, it is masking something that I need to feel.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Great job on pushing through Mandy!!
Old 08-08-2016, 10:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mandy73 View Post
Seems about midday the worst of my cravings kick in. Also I'm feeling bored, I drank to combat boredom. Im tired, I drank to stimulate myself.
Bored but too tired to do anything about it.
Thinking about drinking. I probably won't.
Watch the triggers: H.A.L.T.

Hungry
Angry
Lonely
Tired

You're experiencing the last two it seems.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

How old are your kids? Maybe we can think of some fun things you could go do with them? One of the beautiful things about being sober is that we can be emotionally available for those who love us.

Also, you could start a Pinterest page with ideas of places to visit on future weekends (when you've given hubby a bit more warning - when we change, it's up to us to suggest things to others, not expect them to know what we want).

What about getting some of the housework done now and plan something diffrent to do tomorrow?
Old 08-08-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Every sober day is a victory, Mandy73. Never forget that.

That should be your only goal in the early days. What do you need to do to get through the day sober? Focus on that.

The other stuff? It will fall into place pretty naturally.

Good luck. Stay strong.