Up late and sad

Old 08-04-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up late and sad

So nobody has heard from my ex addict boyfriend that I was with for 7 years in almost 2 months. I thought surely when my house became off limits and his mom and brother put there foot down that he cannot come to there homes anymore that maybe he would have nowhere to stay and hit his rock bottom. Well that hasn't happened. Now he has no one to answer to and hide from so he can do whatever he wants.
He is lost to heroin and running from pretty serious charges and an active warrant. I have heard nothing about his whereabouts and my days are up and down. Then Tonight i heard from two people that we know that both seen him in the same area of town this week once walking and once on a bike. I don't know why I'm so shocked. I thought he was possibly dead somewhere and now i find out he's in the worst part of town on a freakin bike!!! Are you kidding me!!?? I do not know this person. It's just sad and I'm so angry still. He literally walked away from his life including me, a truck, his material possessions everything all for heroin. I'm also sick to my stomach that also this week a friend he has recently burned and no longer associates with Decided to tell me that Christmas last year when i was crying myself to sleep every night because he had taken off, turns out he had showed up at this friends house saying he had nowhere to stay and his wife caught him smoking meth in the basement. i feel humiliated and I just want him caught so bad so he has to be in his right mind and realize all that he had done.
Old 08-04-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Uncaged, night is the worst time for sadness, it's okay to be sad but try not to hang out there too long, it doesn't lead to any place good.

He is doing what addicts do, my son is out there somewhere doing the same. I no longer listen to third hand reports, over the years they become few and far between anyway.

I get through my days saying a prayer and asking God to do for my son what I cannot.

I hope you find your own peace with this.

Hugs
Old 08-05-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I, too, was with my ex for many years. And his addiction tore us apart. It took me a long time to realize that I had absolutely no control over his behavior. He was going to do whatever he wanted to do and the rest of the world be damned.

I had to really take to heart the phrase "Let go and let God". I had to get out of the way and let my higher power take over because his addiction was killing me. I was anxious, depressed, angry, and about ten other emotions too. I was literally making myself sick to the point that I was having to see a doctor for my physical pain.

When my ex husband moved out, I stopped dealing with his addiction and my health started to improve. Like Ann, I turned my ex over to my higher power and continue to pray for his well being and his recovery. It's the healthiest thing I could do for both of us.

If you're waiting for him to hit rock bottom, you may be waiting a LONG time. It's only been a few weeks since you last heard from him so I know that the emotions must still be pretty raw. Try to keep yourself busy and keep living your life. Surround yourself with a strong support system to help you during the tough times. Addiction is brutal, not just for the addict, but for the family members and loved ones too. Sending you lots of hugs.