Notices

70 DAYS OF SOBRIETY still Anxiety and Depression

Old 08-04-2016, 01:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

70 DAYS OF SOBRIETY still Anxiety and Depression

Hi all, I am 29yrs old started taking alcohol at 20s , and since 3yrs been regular drinker (5-6 days a week), i thought of quitting but never took it seriously, in month of may i didn't drink for 4 days (just 4 days) and i experienced AWS (Alcohol Withdrawal Symptoms) like shivering, unable to sleep etc., then i got to know my actual condition, finally on 27/5/2016 i quit drinking and smoking forever and ever. i have been to doctor for master health check up every thing was normal but Triglycerides level was little high for that he asked me to start exercise, initial days were hard due to anxiety and insomnia and other symptoms it better after a month, its been 70 days of sobriety i am able to sleep well and every thing was little ok but from past 6 days i am facing light dizziness, hot flash in palm and foot and little depressed some times, don't want go for medication please let me know if there are any other ways to get rid of this condition,
How many more months will it take to be completely normal please help me on this
Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Ram welcome to the site were a friendly bunch who like to help congratulations on 70 days have you got a plan

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html
Old 08-04-2016, 02:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi ram welcome to SR. and congratulations on 70 days!
Old 08-04-2016, 03:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberwolf,
1) I am going to jogging at early hours,
2) Playing Shuttlecock at evenings,
3) i love to read which is helping me a lot right now i am reading book called The sympathizer. Will order Biehn, Thomas and Beverly. Mindful Recovery, which i found in the link given by you i guess it would be helpful, chat room would be of great help, thanks for your help and let me know if i need to include anything in my plan
Old 08-04-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well done on 70 days!

I experienced major anxiety and depression for almost a year after quitting - remember, when you drink for 10 years you aren't going to bounce back right away.

What if your statement said: "70 days in Shanghai and I still am not fluent in Chinese". Well, we'd say of course you're not. Two months is not enough time to learn a new language, culture, and speak fluently.

Patience is key. In my case, I decreased my anxiety by doing things that made me anxious. After a while, I experienced success. Start with little things (ie: go out for coffee by yourself, go for a walk in the park, etc). Mark off these small achievements in a diary or by putting "X" on a calendar.

Learning how to live like a sober adult is daunting and very challenging at first. Have patience, relax, don't push yourself and keep your goals achievable. Good luck and well done so far.
Old 08-04-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Worth checking this out it is Dee74's plan building link

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

Enjoy your book my friend