Notices

Having a terrible time

Old 08-01-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Having a terrible time

Had an incident at work on Sunday with someone who was not only aggressive, but potentially dangerous ( I googled his name and discovered he has 4 arrests for battery). I guess the whole thing really freaked me out because I have been so upset I cannot stop thinking about it, imagining the worst, etc. I feel manic and cannot sleep and I have to get up in like 3 hours to go to work. I have talked to people about it and prayed and everything I can think of and it still will not stop, like I am being attacked from the inside by my own brain. I have already been on edge lately....just not doing too good, thinking of having a F it moment and picking up a drink. This sucks and I just want it to stop. There is no serenity for me right now. Just putting this out there. I don't expect anyone to have any answers. Sweet dreams everyone :/
Old 08-01-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you had that happen. If it happened at work is there any counselling available? Trauma is trauma...

D
Old 08-02-2016, 12:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry that happened stick with us & try some deep belly breathing exercises
Old 08-02-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yucky when you feel like that, Zen. Could be dangerous and sounds like it could be creating a hostile working environment for you. Yikes. It may be hard to relax and sleep. But, there's got to be a solution for. Can you go to your manager for help? Do you have security services where your work? Sorry about what's going on with you. Do some deep breating and try whatever you know is going to help relax you. I tend to get into reading to take my mind off my worries and/or when I feel mannic.
Old 08-02-2016, 03:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

I'm empathetic. Sucks to worry about some thug.

This guy was at our AA meeting...losing his family etc....the AA old timers were sympathetic...but....several said....been there done that....

Sad and funny in a way...
Old 08-02-2016, 05:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thats suckes,zen, but a drink isnt the solution and you know that, so dont allow the lie to control your actions.

i strongly encourage you to talk to management. thats not acceptable behavior in any workplace
Old 08-02-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Zen- I know I have seen your posts but I don't remember what kind of program you are working.

I am listening to Andy Stanley - my HP is a Christian God- and the segment right now is about fear. That's the overwhelming emotion I read you expressing. Perhaps this will help you, too, as it is me - when I am afraid, living in fear, and what God does NOT want for me -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEMxNDic3s0

Hang in there. As others said, seek help from boss/others. Take care.
Old 08-02-2016, 05:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Zen,

I'm not sure what you do, but you have rights as an employee to a safe work environment. Whether it is a co-worker or client/customer there are things that can be done.

Did you mention anything to your supervisor? If not, make sure to do that today. And if it was your supervisor then a call to HR is in order.

Check in and let us know how your day went.
Old 08-02-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You'll be ok Zen, just try not to worry. A lot of times school yard bullies don't grow up, be it internet it IRL. But they want you to be afraid / upset either way, this part of their weaponry. It is important to maintain a level head with these types, the old "you can't control what others do but you can control what you do" stands true. Do not let them push you to drink or worry. Just take the necessary steps to protect yourself if need be.
Old 08-02-2016, 07:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

How's it going today Zen?
Old 08-02-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Bump and how are Zen?
Old 08-02-2016, 08:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
waking down

When my head won't shut up I do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daU-xneLA0g
Old 08-02-2016, 08:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

I ahve these moments from time to time. I had an addict resign and threaten to burn down the business. It was scary. Called the cops.

But fro my emotional state I find following step 10 works.

"This thought brings us to Step Ten, which suggests we continue to take personal inventory and continue to set right any new mistakes as we go along. We vigorously commenced this way of living as we cleaned up the past. We have entered the world of the Spirit. Our next function is to grow in understanding and effectiveness. This is not an overnight matter. It should continue for our lifetime. Continue to watch for selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear. When these crop up, we ask God at once to remove them. We discuss them with someone immediately and make amends quickly if we have harmed anyone. Then we resolutely turn our thoughts to someone we can help. Love and tolerance of others is our code."

And that's what I do. Pray. Go to a meeting, talk to someone, find someone to help. It works every time.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

You know not to get loaded. Self destruction is not the answer.

Got to management and HR and share your concerns.

Would I be going crazy in my head over this? You bet I would. We have a choice today though. We can get help, talk it over with people who have experience, and change how we act. That all helps with how we think, but it takes time.

Hang in there, and keep yourself safe from him, and from yourself.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am just now seeing your thread Zen ~ I was thinking about you....we really miss you in the 24-hour thread.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I just hope you are OK...this kind of stress can push us in a direction we don't want to go.

Sending huge hugs, and hoping to see you very soon. ♥

Missing you in the