Notices

So upset I am shaking

Old 08-01-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

So upset I am shaking

So I left my residential rehab on Friday with an appointment to tonight at an IOP closer to my home. The place was a joke. It was trashy, had the janitor manning the phone and they kept me waiting two hours by myself. When the guy showed up he said he didn't know I was there, even though I had an appointment. Then I asked questions, half of which he had no answer for and he didn't even offer to find out. First thing he did when he turned the computer was demand my insurance card. I left and cried in the car. Those jokers can't help me. They can't even run their business properly!

New plan. AA 6 days a week, NA on Fridays.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Try not to be upset earth. What you are doing is so awesome. Don't let one person bring you down. You will find the right things that help you . Shrug it off and stay positive. You can do this😀
Old 08-01-2016, 05:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That was a bad experience but it doesn't have to affect your recovery. That was one business that was poorly run, that's all. You always have support here!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
The road goes on forever

Hey - Shrug it off ... Stay positive. You are trying and it is all part of the process of finding the right help. You did so well at the first rehab center and came out a new woman! Keep it up!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What is IOP?
Good to post, just let it be a very irritating bump in the road and keep on. Good for you on AA and a plan after this incident.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A Smart Bug is a Sober Bug!

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
What is IOP?
Good to post, just let it be a very irritating bump in the road and keep on. Good for you on AA and a plan after this incident.
Intensive Outpatient. It is aftercare from rehab.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to an IOP a few times back when I first was getting sober. It wasn't a good fit for me.

I was a garden variety alcoholic who hadn't lost much, yet. The other members, in addition to alcohol, had serious drug and criminal issues, such as pending felony charges for dealing, and a variety of other things that made me look like a Boy Scout in comparison. In addition it was costing me money to attend, which I didn't think was a good use of my cash.

I discovered that the followup recommendation after the IOP, was AA. So I quit and skipped ahead to AA on my own. That was a good decision for me.
Old 08-01-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think your meeting attendance plan and using SR support sounds awesome!!
Old 08-01-2016, 06:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Earthsteps, I'm sorry you were made to feel so uncomfortable. Not what you needed - but maybe your Plan B will be more beneficial. I'm glad you wanted to talk about what happened. We're here to listen and help.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by earthsteps View Post
So I left my residential rehab on Friday with an appointment to tonight at an IOP closer to my home. The place was a joke. It was trashy, had the janitor manning the phone and they kept me waiting two hours by myself. When the guy showed up he said he didn't know I was there, even though I had an appointment. Then I asked questions, half of which he had no answer for and he didn't even offer to find out. First thing he did when he turned the computer was demand my insurance card. I left and cried in the car. Those jokers can't help me. They can't even run their business properly!

New plan. AA 6 days a week, NA on Fridays.
Good for you! I have noticed that people like you have a habit of recovering. Well done on taking action
Old 08-02-2016, 12:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Sorry that happened
Old 08-02-2016, 06:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lol half of them here have become meth labs, milking la systeme. big joke if anyone asked me...but supposed to show respect...?