Notices

Day 4 Dizzy?

Old 08-01-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 4 Dizzy?

Feeling lightheaded this afternoon. Not sure if its panic.. I think I'm being paranoid about DTs. I do have a benzo Rx ready and haven't taken any for 5 days. Was an occasional user of benzos for anxiety. Not sure if I should drive to get Rx or to the hospital. I know there is no medical advice allowed, its be cautious and get checked out. I did feel lightheaded years ago from panic attacks so keep telling myself it's that . Ugh!!
Old 08-01-2016, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

If you have a medical concern I'd definitely ask a doc before taking the Benzo's - unless they were specifically prescribed for that symptom. And if you are feeling lightheaded perhaps getting someone to take you would be better than driving on your own?
Old 08-01-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott. You are right about not taking a benzo for dizziness as it was prescribed for something else. I wasnt thinking of that. I am feeling a bit better and think it was a combo of panic DT paranoia and not eating 3 squares a day like before .
Old 08-01-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

See a dr. If you need to. For me, all of my panic and spacey feelings were my brain getting used to being sober.

I am still recovering at nearly 15 months. Not bad considering I was drunk for the last 15 years.

Stay drug free. It gets better.
Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Completely normal to feel dizzy the first couple of weeks I think, make sure you're hydrated and fed,of course if it gets crazy go to the doc but I was dizzy for awhile