Notices

Relapsed and looking for support to get back on track!

Old 07-31-2016, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Relapsed and looking for support to get back on track!

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to introduce myself and am hopefully looking forward to some support from the forum as I attempt to get back on track. I'll try to keep the intro brief but want to give everyone the most relevant details:

Background — I've been battling opiate addiction for the last eight years. AA has always been my prime mode of recovery and I totally believe in the program. After years of going in and out and achieving varying lengths of sobriety, I was finally able to truly surrender a few years ago. I worked the steps with a sponsor, went to a meeting a day, held commitments, and even ended up taking a few guys through the steps — I had over 2.5 years sober.

That brings us to today. I have been using since the middle of June (approximately six weeks now). I'm sick of living this life but am struggling like I never have in the past to get through detox.

Current Situation — I have Librium in my possession which I received when I left AMA from a facility the other week. I've reached out to the sober men in my fellowship here all of whom support me and want nothing but the best for me. I'm just frustrated because I'm feeling completely insane with my inability to surrender regardless of what facility I'm at. Having had a couple of years under my belt I know that it's possible to regain my sobriety and get back on track. My plan is to take the librium sparingly starting sometime tomorrow (I of course used when I left the facility) and to go to 2-3 meetings a day and stick with my fellowship.

I'd like to note the hardest part here has been dealing with my head on day one. I wake up feeling so insanely depressed and that there is no hope. Minutes seem to feel like hours and I struggle to see how I can make it through to the evening. I'm planing on going to a noon meeting tomorrow which will get me through to 1pm. But in all honesty —*I have no idea what I'm going to do between then and the evening meeting I normally go to. Sitting around my house isn't an option (at least not all day) as I've tried the "stay in bed and watch Netflix all day" route...but this just leaves me feeling more depressed and isolated from the outside world. I think a healthy balance of doing a few things outside the house with a few hours rest could work —*but simply staying inside al day is not going to work.

I'd love anyone's thoughts or feedback on my situation. I plan to post here on the forum in between meetings for additional support.

Looking forward to hearing from all of you who are active on the forum
Old 08-01-2016, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome jvette

I don't have much experience with opiates and none at all with librium.
Others will no doubt chime in tho

I do remember going back to addiction after some sober time - and it is really hard to get traction again.

This community really helped me, guided me, and gave me a hand to turn things around

I spent days here in the beginning - not only posting about myself, but to other people as well - I also did a lot of reading.

It makes a vast difference to know you're not alone

I'm glad you found us

D
Old 08-01-2016, 12:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jvette