Notices

Hello

Old 07-28-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello

Hi Sober forum.

Have been lurking for 2 years. Had 25 months of sober living. Decided to drink 3 weeks ago. Took my time with it. Had a couple of bottles of wine here and there. Overall not much happened. So have decided to re -connect with what worked for me in the 25 months.

And maybe try some support this time around. I prefer life without alcohol. Not counting the days this time around as everyday is day one.

Hello and here's to another attempt.
Old 07-28-2016, 10:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome! You will find lots of support now that you want to be active on SR. Have you seen or joined the Newcomer group for July?

Good luck. 25 months is awesome- you can do it again.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Puca
Old 07-28-2016, 11:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Puca I did the same thing. Having this community has made all the difference this time. Welcome !!
Old 07-28-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Puca. Glad you made it back.
Support is always a good move.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcomes.

I use to read the forums weekly or sometimes daily which helped. Just never posted. I planned making a return to drinking to see after a long 2 year abstinence that it might be different. At around 2 weeks, I could see that I was starting to plan the next day around it again.

So have had the experience of trying alcohol again. Nothing bad happened as took precautions but also in saying that, nothing happened, as in the Nothing feeling started to look inviting again.

so That to me is enough to know I cannot moderate or don't want to live that way again. Life is hard enough.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree. It's a better way to live.

Great you've decided to start posting as well.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome, it's a tough battle my friend. I was doing great and had a few months in and then for some stupid reason I didn't listen to my relapse plan, long story short the police found me sleeping on my lawn with my dog and severe sun burn, being treated daily for burns and in a lot of pain. Pretty embarrassed but I have 5 days in again, my better half who is a Dr. found me three software applications I am using as well, the main one to chart my moods so that I and those helping me can hopefully see my triggers as I thought I had it nailed.

All the best
Andrew
Old 07-28-2016, 12:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Andrew, good for you to come back to a sober way of living. In the beginning I use to see it as a battle. with this battle though i eventually saw i couldn't win a battle against myself so I gave up fighting and started making changes.

Now I just see it as a choice.

I either choose today to do something other than drink. in that choice there is the possibility of life.

If I choose alcohol, it eventually leads to nothing.

So i am back making choices again to do other things. part of that is talking to other people going through similar situations.

Best of luck
Old 07-29-2016, 01:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Puca View Post
Hi Andrew, good for you to come back to a sober way of living. In the beginning I use to see it as a battle. with this battle though i eventually saw i couldn't win a battle against myself so I gave up fighting and started making changes.

Now I just see it as a choice.

I either choose today to do something other than drink. in that choice there is the possibility of life.

If I choose alcohol, it eventually leads to nothing.

So i am back making choices again to do other things. part of that is talking to other people going through similar situations.

Best of luck
Very True, I suffer from PTSD and Bi Polar, I get overconfident and sometimes do not take my meds, sometimes my brain wants to experience that Manic High we can get however it's generally followed by a crash and when I crash the AV takes over so in my case if I work my program and stay on my meds I am good/great.

Have a super day
Andrew
Old 07-29-2016, 02:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Puca

D