Notices

Note to Self

Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Note to Self

Dear Brittany after work,

Yes that alarm went off on your phone and I hope to god you are actually reading this.

This is a friendly reminder that you really do hate your entire being every day you wake up after having ANY drinks the night before, physically and emotionally you are whipped. Self hatred is all you can think about. So get over the idea that drinks are a luxury for you. It is a damn lie. I don't care what you do, so long as it is not drinking or drugging. I don't care that you worked all day. I don't care that your boyfriend is drinking. I don't care that you are lazy and are sick of trying and want to give up. The reason you feel like giving up at sobriety is BECAUSE you have been DRINKING. The hopelessness WILL go away ONLY if you do not pick up (ever again would be nice). It will take a few days. It's not the end of the world. You WILL start to like yourself again. Probably not right away. Probably not tomorrow. But at some point you will start to like the idea of life again -- and yes it seems impossible, like you just don't have any more life in you. Again, I don't care. I don't care what you are thinking or feeling or doing, so long as you stay clean. Please. Do it for me. The one that is writing this note. Please listen to me. Everything is so horrible for me when you drink. Please don't do this again. Ever again. Please. This might be the last time I ask. The fact that I may not ask again simply because I will accidentally drink myself to death, and you don't care, actually welcome the idea of death, is frightening me a little bit. People would be sad and you don't like making people sad. So knock the sh*t off. Stop being an as*hole. And don't even f*cking think that I don't know you are planning a way to drink after reading this. It's not acceptable anymore. Grow the f*ck up. End of story. Game over. NOT A SINGLE EXCUSE. By the way, you look a little bit like ****. Get it together.

And don't even tell me that I am being mean. You deserve this. Nothing else works. You took advantage of the nice and gentle approach. I played along for almost three years now and I'm not playing around anymore.

Now look at these and feel a little better because they are funny:
Old 07-26-2016, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great idea and post. Make sure to read it often! I will.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

100% spot on!! The guilt, shame, hatred, isolation, disgust is so very real the next day. In reality, for me - it's only the first 1-1.5 hours that I really enjoy drinking. After that, it all goes south. The stupid actions, texts, emails, stumbling around, blackouts, rage that follow. That hour of drinking initially is not worth the days and days of regret.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for this post! I will print this out. It's just what I need to read today and everyday! I decided early this morning to quit feeling sorry for myself and to do something about! So today is Day 1 for me.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the letter. So true for me too. Made me tear up a little. The truth hurts. Truth is harder than a lie.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by njdellis View Post
Thank you so much for this post! I will print this out. It's just what I need to read today and everyday! I decided early this morning to quit feeling sorry for myself and to do something about! So today is Day 1 for me.
I feel like everyday is my day one and I am just done with it. So yeah, day one AGAIN. Tomorrow better be two... Pissed off and disgusted aren't even a fraction of how I feel right now....
Old 07-26-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WiggleIn View Post
I feel like everyday is my day one and I am just done with it. So yeah, day one AGAIN. Tomorrow better be two... Pissed off and disgusted aren't even a fraction of how I feel right now....
Me too.... and I can honestly say that I feel the same way! Sick of it!!
Old 07-26-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Still working on being angry and disgusted with my behavior. How did I ever let it get do bad. But maybe day one every day isn't the worst idea for a while. Keeps the fire underneath our asses a little bit more
Old 07-26-2016, 09:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

Originally Posted by WiggleIn View Post
Do not negotiate. If you want sobriety you cannot give yourself any wiggle room. Doesn't matter if you've had a good day or a bad day. Drinking at any future time has to be off the table - forever.

You never have to have another Day 1 if you never drink again - EVER.

Calicofish
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calicofish View Post
Do not negotiate. If you want sobriety you cannot give yourself any wiggle room. Doesn't matter if you've had a good day or a bad day. Drinking at any future time has to be off the table - forever.

You never have to have another Day 1 if you never drink again - EVER.

Calicofish
You are absolutely correct, I cannot afford any wiggle room whatsoever. Thank you.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Catch and Release

So perhaps write an alarm to yourself that says:

Do something different.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:01 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You knocked it out of the park with this post, Wigglein. You just helped so many people that needed to read this. I was that self destructive person a little over five years ago and she is gone now. I barely recognize her and have a hard time remembering she existed. Waking up feeling great never gets old. Thanks and best of luck to you on your road to recovery.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
under new management

Old 07-27-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

day 2
Old 07-27-2016, 07:06 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Great job!
Old 07-27-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Wigglein

D
Old 07-27-2016, 03:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Brilliant Post, thank you.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on day 2
Old 07-27-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Never Again

Dear Brittany, I second what WiggleIn said. Please listen to her wise advice.

I love this post! Thank you.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Awesome awesome awesome post.