blood pressure

Old 07-25-2016, 08:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blood pressure

I've noticed that others have shared how their health improves after leaving an A; I just wanted to add my story to the mix. I've had high blood pressure for, oh, about the last twenty years, during which, coincidentally, I've been dealing with my STBXAH. Today at my physical my blood pressure was down to 112/70 . . . which is what it was before I met my AH.

I may be financially less well off, I'm still dealing with divorce negotiations and stress, and I'm no longer living in our big house, but my heart and body are back to normal, and I feel Good.
Old 07-25-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Nice!! That's so wonderful to hear. Stress really does take its toll on the body, as well as the mind.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My stress eating slowed. I stared focusing on myself and made it to the doctor for some acute issues I was dealing with which are now going away. I have more money. I'm working on my own mental health issues and healing childhood wounds.

To this day I wish I could explain to my xabf why I didn't do these things while we were together... (he says it's a shame that now all this is happening)... While I told him it was because I became codependent I can't go any farther than that; because you are an alcoholic and I'm recreating my childhood wounds so that I can fix them and I used your problem as a way to distract me from mine

It will be so nice when one day (way in the future) I can have such an open and honest conversation with an SO instead of wishing for it in my head.

It's hard to ignore the facts. We harm ourselves when we stay
Old 07-26-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

wow that's a big result. I hope it's a symptom of healing in many areas of your life.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is phenomenal!! Congrats!