Notices

Please don't look down on me need support

Old 07-25-2016, 07:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please don't look down on me need support

I want to apologize in advance for the long post, but I do appreciate anyone who has feedback and is reading this. As most know, I quit drinking 19 days ago. For me it was pretty much do or die. I was up to 3 bottles of wine a day and couldn't go 2 hours w out a drink or I'd have violent wdrawls. This time around medical detox wasn't really an option. Going back about a year, I was prescribed five oxys for an attack of diverticulitis. Never used them and have never taken pills before. I had mentioned, the first two days of my alcohol detox I took one a day for the withdrawls. That with exercise stopped the violent shakes...for me. For the next 6 days I took half a day and was done with them. I DO NOT recommend anyone try this, as I well know I could have easily became addicted. I started reading the substance abuse forums, probably 400 of them and read all the horror stories of detoxing from opiates. I had posted a question because I was concerned that I may withdraw from 5 of them. I felt like I was judged or not taking my sobriety seriously because I substituted one poison for the other. I really hope I did not lose anyone's support or let anyone down. To be honest, as I reflect, I don't have any regrets. My last week of drinking, I downed a bottle of listerine till the liquor store opened. This worked for me and I thank God every minute that I am not drinking..nor do I have a desire for another pill. I just wanted to share this for myself and to hope I can still post on here because without u guys I'd probably be 6 feet under. Once again, what I did was a high-risk slippery slope, but I am now working on me and have 2 jobs. I feel blessed. And would love to keep learning from other Sr members. Hope I didn't let anyone down.
Old 07-25-2016, 07:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 days..... That's Great! I'm not let down. Keep up your sobriety! We can do it..... We can all do it!
Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ty so much resoberality.. I really needed that because I do want to keep posting and hope I can contribute to others sobriety as u guys did for me. And yes we can do this...it's a bit easier having each other to lean on
Old 07-25-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi determined

I'm glad you realise now that all people were doing were looking out for your best interests.

You belong here as much as anyone else

D
Old 07-25-2016, 07:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ty Dee...I realized that after you responded... you have helped me so much ...wish I could give u a bday hug lol
Old 07-25-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Heya Determined, I come here to read about people I look up to and that includes you.

I'm glad that what you did worked even if it isn't recommended. Please keep posting.

God bless!
Old 07-25-2016, 10:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Sober Alcoholic

You made it through a very difficult period in any individuals recovery (the first 7-10 days), and you now have over a week free of drink or drug (if i read your post correctly). The next few months will present more than the usual number of challenges as well, that is if your experience is anything like most of ours. You might also benefit from some face to face support. It might not hurt to check out an AA meeting.

All the best to you.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Glad your here with us Determined
Old 07-26-2016, 01:28 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you're still here and posting.

Both here and in AA, some of the advice that has done me most good has been the stuff that I didn't really want to hear. Often it was such good advice it must have scared the crap out of my AV, and it would fight back hard (with my voice unfortunately ). Usually once I'd processed the advice, without looking at it through my ego-tinted-lenses, I could see that it came from a place of concern, fellowship and love.

We all belong here.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you for all your responses. I do feel such a sense of relief and o yea day 20.. Hope everyone enjoys a sober day/ night
Old 07-26-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I don't think there is a single person on here that is in a position to judge another. Frankly, I admire you.
Old 07-26-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you so much, formerwinegirl. After 20 days, I am finally starting 2 love myself again. Just thinking what I did to my life in the past 3 years, makes me cringe. Good news is as long as your alive, it's never to late. Hope your doing well