Notices

Now or never.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Now or never.

When I read my previous posts I make myself sick.
This year I have had more sober days than in 20 years so far.. but I keep going back because I can't make it stick. And every time it is worse. My plan this time is to seek cognitive behavioural therapy. It's helped in the past for changing thought patterns, maybe it can help for this too. I have to take more action than just reading the internet and self help books. I'm 47 and my body and mind can't take any more abuse. The horrible fear and anxiety is crippling. I have to say goodbye and good riddance to the vodka or I will lose everything.

So... I am back. For good!

-snl
Old 07-24-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Here and now

Welcome Seeking, I'm the same as regards to the anxiety. I layed curled in a ball monday and tuesday in a constant state of panic. Never again. Good idea with the CBT, I will be doing that for my anxiety.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The desire that you have to be sober is a great start. The next part is to develop a plan. We are very close in age and I get you. It seems yesterday I was 30. Lots of great support around here. Welcome back!
Old 07-24-2016, 02:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Try this bud & cbt is really helpful didn't solve all my problems but helped

Have you tried meetings ?

Find your acceptance it's the best way forward brother congrats on your sober time & stick with us you don't have to do it alone & know you reach to this

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html
Old 07-24-2016, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leezer View Post
The desire that you have to be sober is a great start. The next part is to develop a plan. We are very close in age and I get you. It seems yesterday I was 30. Lots of great support around here. Welcome back!
What Lee said! Have you checked out the Month of threads in the Newcomers Daily Support Threads section? Lee and I "met" in our Feb class. It is great to talk to people at your same time-path.

We'll all tell you to make a plan. The wanting isn't enough. Even the reallllly wanting. I'm a big, dedicated AA plan and work a very hard recovery program. Other folks with tell you AVRT is their rock solid recovery program. Whatever it is - find something to teach you to live without the vodka. That's how you keep the not drinking part.

Good luck! Stick around here.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

We'll all tell you to make a plan. The wanting isn't enough. Even the reallllly wanting.
quoted for truth - check out the link soberwolf posted

welcome back snm

D