Notices

Hey all!

Old 07-22-2016, 12:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey all!

Hey everyone! This is my first time reaching out to try and get some sort of help or give some support to those who need it. I'm currently 21, a college student, and have been binge drinking since I was 18. I've ended great relationships, lost trust from those I've loved, lost countless opportunities, been arrested, and acted like a complete fool because of my binge drinking. I made it a point to quit drinking at the beginning of the summer, but when opportunity knocks I seem to always answer. Just one beer, turns to four, and four alway leads to more. I toyed with the idea of AA, but never made it to a meeting, although I'm planning on going this Monday. I hoping to connect with those of you in the same position.
Stay Strong!
Old 07-22-2016, 12:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR sober2195

This is a great place for support and encouragement - I'm glad you found us.

Are there any recovery-related groups on campus - AA, SMART, LIfeRing etc?

D
Old 07-22-2016, 01:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Sober
Old 07-22-2016, 01:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you D! Unfortunately I cannot find any kind of recovery support groups on campus. The only ones that are held cost money and are mandatory for those who have had alcohol related offenses. There are AA meetings in my area though and I am determined to go this Monday. Trying to keep an open mind!
Old 07-22-2016, 07:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

College is a prime training ground for future alcoholics. You are one step ahead of the game by recognizing this. Stay true to yourself and I hope you are able to quit. Utilize the resources available to you.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome! Good on you.

And, just out of curiosity and not judgmental- ness - are there meetings before Mon? In the sense that you could go TODAY. Maybe there aren't meetings at a lot of times of the day near you, but I'd imagine there are- I know I put off going to that first meeting for a long time - much easier once you get started and the sooner the better, rather than the never the better.

Good luck!