My heart is broken!!!

Old 07-17-2016, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My heart is broken!!!

In just a few weeks, my family is going to be torn apart due to my husbands pain pill addiction. I can't take it any longer. It's starting to affect my health. I find myself having heart palpitations or not being able to breath when he is around me. Nor can I look him in the eyes because all I see is his pin point pupils and I become in raged with anger. I can't do it anymore. I want as far away from the caos that is addiction brings into our home. It's unbelievable how pills can change a person!!! I just
Don't understand but I do know, I have reached my
Breaking point and can no longer live this way!!!

Thank you for reading!!!
Lost
Old 07-17-2016, 08:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think I posted on the wrong thread. Things have changed on this site and I am not sure how to post on the family forms.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll move your thread to the main Family and Friends forum Lost2000
Best wishes for you and your family.

I'm sorry for whats happening but you'll find support here

D
Old 07-17-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you so much!!!!
Old 07-18-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ah, I am so so sorry. But, I understand all to well. Everyone has their breaking point. I hate it. It tears the whole family apart. you aren't alone.
Old 07-18-2016, 12:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It's sickening what addiction can do to a family. My dreams of a tight knit family have too been crushed by my husbands poor choices...which he refuses to take full responsibility for. As gut wrenching as this is, be proud of yourself for no longer accepting addiction in you and your children's lives and for making a HUGE healthy step towards a better future for all of you. I promise you it will get easier! It's been about 4 months since I took the kids and I out of our disfunctional home and it's amazing the progress I have made. My daughter is 3 and son is 4 months. My son obviously doesn't know a thing but I can see huge positive differences in my daughters attitude and a lot of it probably has to do with her seeing me less stressed and happy. I feel so awful for putting her through any type of unnecessary stress and I never ever want to go back to that life. You will be OK and you will see how much better your life and your children's will be once you can clear all of the negativity out of it. Hang in there, it will get better. Hugs!!!!
Old 07-18-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am so sorry Lost. Sending you big hugs, know that you are not alone.