Notices

Day 11 (finally put to the test)

Old 07-17-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11 (finally put to the test)

My biggest fear has been, what will happen when I face a stressful situation. In the past year, I have made it to day 3 numerous times. It was a stressful year, more than usual, so by day 3 I was at the liquor store buying wine. For the past 6 months I have been b on unemployment. My dad moved in with me for awhile to save my coop, paying my maintenance, electric and cable until I get back on my feet. Up until 10 days ago my money was spent on 3 bottles of wine a day. The greatest feeling since being sober, is having money in mybpocker, helping my dad w my bills and treating myself to things. Well, today I went to claim my benefits and I was notified this is the last week I am eligible and no extensions are available. I went into panicked mode. I did think about wine, but in a different matter. I was so grateful that I am sober and do not have to think about how to get 20 from my dad for wine (in the past some days I'd have to scrape up 3 dollars for cheap vodka to make it a few hours). Today, I am sober,and healthy. Today, I am not shaking,so I am able to look for a job. Even though it may not be in my field, for today I am skilled and educated so I can take almost anything available. So my question was answered. Being sober when faced with a stressful situation, I am able to still count my blessings. Thank you for letting me share...hopefully I will find something today... if not at least I found me.
Old 07-17-2016, 08:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's great when we need not give any thought to how to pay for that booze or how and when to get stupid with it or how/if we'll make it through the hearty palpitations and sweats.

keep going.
Old 07-17-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ty fini... and it's great when faced with a problem to think of a solution...
Old 07-17-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go on 11 days!!

It's amazing how to an a drinker, drinking over a situation like that seems like the obvious thing to do. But to a non-drinker, it seems like the worst possible thing to do.

One of the cool things about not drinking over problems is that we get to find ways to actually solve them.