Notices

Hi - I'll tell you my story.

Old 07-16-2016, 09:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Hi - I'll tell you my story.

Hi, I'm rmx513. I'm new here, so I really don't know much about the site yet. However, here is my story. I am a mom of 2. I suffer from bipolar 2. My fiance' and I have been together for 8 years in August. He is an addict. When I met him, he was eating about 40 vicodin at a time. I was 16 and looking to fit in, unfortunately with the wrong crowd. He had a daughter who was a year old and I immediately started taking care of her as my own, seeing as her own mother was addicted to heroin and not in her life. I told my then boyfriend, that he needed to get some help for his daughter. He agreed after a long struggle and began looking for a suboxone doctor. He started the suboxone then, 7 years ago. His doctor was supposedly very good and knew what he was doing. His doctor ended up being arrested 4 years later for his misuse of his doctor's license and giving prescriptions over and over again to the same people. My fiance' even had his cell phone number, plus his wife's cell phone number. This was getting way out of hand... I told him he needed to go to a different doctor, one who made him come in at least once a month, one who wanted drug tests, etc. He started going to this other place. He's been there for 3 years now, since our son was born. He's still prescribed to the suboxone, claims he is weaning off and has plans to be off by January of 2017. I've had enough. He's starting to say bad things about me as a mother because of this addiction. Because I am finally putting my foot down and telling him that I will NOT enable him. It really hurts. I have raised his daughter since I was 16. I'm so upset that he is saying these hurtful things. Someone just tell me that it's normal. That this will all go away...
Old 07-16-2016, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is normal to be upset when someone is hurtful. You have to stand up for yourself. If you've lived like this since you were 16, you're accustomed to it.
There is a friends and family forum on here where you can find some help working through this.
Take care of yourself.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Rmx
Old 07-16-2016, 10:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi rmx513, welcome to the forum.
Old 07-16-2016, 11:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, you sound really strong. Those kids are lucky to have you in their lives. Please get help and support for you rather than him. Seems to me you are doing most of the heavy lifting in the family.
5 years from now what do you want for you? Not him.
Go well.
Old 07-16-2016, 01:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi. Welcome to the forum, but sorry for what brings you here. Sadly it's very unlikely that these problems will go away / just resolve themselves.

It is likely that the folk over in the friends and family might be your best bet for advise and support. Although, obviously, you're welcome to post wherever you prefer. It might be worth posting the details of your situation on there as well and asking for some suggestions. I believe that the F&F of alcoholics space tends to be more busy than the F&F of substance abusers, so if you could do with more and sooner responses, that might be your best bet. Or you could post on both.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Hope you get some good advise and are able to take steps towards a happier and more serene life for yourself.