Notices

Help...

Old 07-13-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Help...

For the past 3 yrs, I have been battling with opiate abuse. Originally I was doing oxys, usually 4-6 oxy 30s a day. Last Dec of 2014, as what I percieved was a safe alternative, I started using kratom, to come off of the oxys. But now, I'm having the hardest time quitting kratom. It runs my life...and my wallet. To the point in which, just about all of my money goes to it. To put it in perspective, I make about $2000 a month, and spend almost 3/4 of my income go to kratom.
I decided to join this forum, to both connect with other addicts who have quit there addiction, as well as find an inspiring and motivating atmosphere where I can share these troubles with others who have overcome. I'm having issues Manning up, and facing myself, ..mainly because I have knarly anxiety issues, and am a rather isolated and lonely person who has a really hard time connecting with people. I wake up every morning with nervous fits as it is, and am afraid of what will happen when I quit.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lukeskywalkin View Post
For the past 3 yrs, I have been battling with opiate abuse. Originally I was doing oxys, usually 4-6 oxy 30s a day. Last Dec of 2014, as what I percieved was a safe alternative, I started using kratom, to come off of the oxys. But now, I'm having the hardest time quitting kratom. It runs my life...and my wallet. To the point in which, just about all of my money goes to it. To put it in perspective, I make about $2000 a month, and spend almost 3/4 of my income go to kratom.
I decided to join this forum, to both connect with other addicts who have quit there addiction, as well as find an inspiring and motivating atmosphere where I can share these troubles with others who have overcome. I'm having issues Manning up, and facing myself, ..mainly because I have knarly anxiety issues, and am a rather isolated and lonely person who has a really hard time connecting with people. I wake up every morning with nervous fits as it is, and am afraid of what will happen when I quit.
Oh, and nobody else knows about my addiction, but my mom (who shares the same addiction) and a close friend of mine
Old 07-14-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome
Old 07-14-2016, 02:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Luke,

Hi and welcome.

Doing my daily reading that helps me stay grounded in my addiction recovery.

I read your post. I was a drunk. In the end I was drinking 750 ml a week. Maybe a bit more. Sometimes, a lot more.

So I spent about $80 a month to stay an addict. $1500 a month is a lot of cash. I am such a cheap skate, I would quit oxys and detox w booze just for the financial gain.

Is that possible?

Sounds pretty bad anxiety wise. I can relate. The alcohol caused much of my anxiety. It took several months clean to see that. Several months.

When I quit drinking, I could barely do anything w out near paralyzing anxiety at times. My only refuge was my home for some reason. When I was home, sitting or laying down, I feel at peace. My gift from God to get through its I figure.

I was paranoid to live. I got through detox in about a month. I was deeply addicted.

For nearly 3 months, I thought I was going mad, then found SR.

Today, my fitness is way up. My mental health is better, but not perfect. I was used to being under the influence for so long, that normal still feels foreign at times.

It gets better. Get clean. Stay clean.

Thanks for the post.
Old 07-14-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Commendations for facing up to your addiction Lukeskywalkin

On SR there are also various drug/narcotics addiction threads which may be able to give you more specific help and advice

Hopefully this link will work to one of them

The Alcoholism and Addictions Help Forums- by SoberRecovery.com

Good luck
Old 07-14-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Pope on a Rope

Welcome Lukeskywalkin. I'm certain you will find loads of great info here along with so many awesome people and endless encouragement.

I'm here only 5 days and I've already been made to feel like part of the family.

I suffer from opiate addiction as well so I feel your pain and hopelessness. It gets better my friend. Hang in there and do not give up. You can do it.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Magsie

Welcome to SR, Luke
Old 07-14-2016, 12:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome
Old 07-14-2016, 06:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NA Member - Atheist

Welcome.

It's possible to get clean and stay clean. Not only that, but it's possible to face life without drugs, and be ok.

Are you willing to do whatever it takes?
Old 07-14-2016, 08:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its painfull to quit.
But, you're in pain now.
You already know the answer. Sooner is better than later.
Use support (maybe even rehab). Buy some vitamins. Jump into your new, improved life.
Old 07-14-2016, 09:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. You're in great place for support. Wishing you the best tonight.