Notices

44 Hours Sober After 6 Months

Old 07-12-2016, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

44 Hours Sober After 6 Months

I slipped up after 230 days of not drinking and due to certain circumstances related to financially, relationship and lost to a family member, I did what i did worst before and it was to drink.

Im analyzing my situation and coming out of a deep depression from the past 72 hours. For the next 24 hours i will keep posting here as this helped me in the past to maintain my sobriety.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

Welcome back!
Good to see you're picking yourself up and trying again.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I forced myself to go to work after being owed money for the 7th time this year. I asked my employer to give me laid off but said he can't because he needs me but can't pay me so instead of getting mad I'm here at work. But I know I'm dealing with a thief and I need to find a way to generate income or find another job.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi GF,

I'm sorry to hear you're in a bad way right now.

I followed your progress on here from the very beginning, and it was amazing to watch you completely turning your life around. It was clear how difficult you were finding it to change your way of life, but the benefits were really shining through.

Might be an idea, as you try to get back on track again, to go through your original recovery threads and read again about where you were before you started, and the huge gains you made in such a short time. Once you got past the early days, your strength of will was a huge inspiration, and I'm sure that's something you can find in yourself again. Only now you just need to look at what went wrong in your plan, and make whatever changes you need to make to get it solid again.

Remember, those 230 days sober will always be there, as a sign that you can do this. You should be proud of them. Something happened to make you lose your way, so something in your plan needs to change, but the fact you've come back here shows guts and determination. Please know you have a lot of people who'll want to support you every step of the way.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back, GhostFace; I am so sorry to hear that you are so low.

We are here for you. Please lean on us.

Please be very good to yourself. drink plenty of water; have small, light and healthful meals; try to get some fresh air; try to rest when you can.

You can make sobriety a 'forever' experience; I believe in you.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
Hi GF,

I'm sorry to hear you're in a bad way right now.

I followed your progress on here from the very beginning, and it was amazing to watch you completely turning your life around. It was clear how difficult you were finding it to change your way of life, but the benefits were really shining through.

Might be an idea, as you try to get back on track again, to go through your original recovery threads and read again about where you were before you started, and the huge gains you made in such a short time. Once you got past the early days, your strength of will was a huge inspiration, and I'm sure that's something you can find in yourself again. Only now you just need to look at what went wrong in your plan, and make whatever changes you need to make to get it solid again.

Remember, those 230 days sober will always be there, as a sign that you can do this. You should be proud of them. Something happened to make you lose your way, so something in your plan needs to change, but the fact you've come back here shows guts and determination. Please know you have a lot of people who'll want to support you every step of the way.
Thank you, I keep separate journals and I broke down a few weeks back reading at all the pain and disappointment I have endure in my life. Today I'm very down and depressed. I feel worthless with no hope. I need to quit smoking cigarettes but I'm focusing on the alcohol first. The only cure to my depression is the gym which i will go to today willing I have the strength and courage.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope you find your peace.

I don't think anyone gets through this life without a lot of pain and difficulty. Loss, betrayal, etc. It's the human condition. We can rise above it, though. I know you can do it.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I'm glad you're back GhostFace. Keep posting. You were doing better when you were posting more often. You can over come all that's going on in your life. You have the strength!
Old 07-12-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back. Please keep in touch..know that we're here for you and cheering you on
Old 07-12-2016, 01:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good to see you GF
Old 07-12-2016, 01:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
Thank you, I keep separate journals and I broke down a few weeks back reading at all the pain and disappointment I have endure in my life. Today I'm very down and depressed. I feel worthless with no hope. I need to quit smoking cigarettes but I'm focusing on the alcohol first. The only cure to my depression is the gym which i will go to today willing I have the strength and courage.
I remember the gym was a big part of getting you through those early sober days, so really happy to see you're planning to go back.

I know how hard it must be at the moment, but while staying sober won't instantly solve the very real problems you're dealing with, drinking will definitely make a bad situation worse. I really believe you can find the strength to get things going forward again. One step at a time.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting through this, Ghostface.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am glad you are back GhostFace.
Old 07-12-2016, 04:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GhostFace View Post
I slipped up after 230 days of not drinking and due to certain circumstances related to financially, relationship and lost to a family member, I did what i did worst before and it was to drink.

Im analyzing my situation and coming out of a deep depression from the past 72 hours. For the next 24 hours i will keep posting here as this helped me in the past to maintain my sobriety.
I am too roughly two days sober... It's been. A while since I have had the real desire to live sober... N i am just takn it slow... Really glad ur back... N i am looking forward to doing the same thing tomorrow that I did today
Old 07-12-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by OpenTuning View Post
I remember the gym was a big part of getting you through those early sober days, so really happy to see you're planning to go back.

I know how hard it must be at the moment, but while staying sober won't instantly solve the very real problems you're dealing with, drinking will definitely make a bad situation worse. I really believe you can find the strength to get things going forward again. One step at a time.
Thank you, i just got back from the gym i went through bad anxiety but i managed to get through. The gym always helps me with my depression but the anxiety was real strong today and i think it has to do with the cigarettes.

I know its the cigarettes that is causing my anxiety due to my rapid heart beat and loss of appetite.

As soon i got home today, i smoked 1 cigarrete with my protein shake and as i was showering, i threw up the protein shake. I came to my room and broke all the ciggs that were left in my pack. I can't keep destroying my body. After my grandmas death, i been smoking two packs a day back to back. It upsets me that i can be so self destructive a times.

Im getting ready to wrap up day 2 and get back on the right track and come up with another plan for sobriety.

Thank you all for your support.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:24 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

GF - We're with you, & we know you can get it together again. 2 days is great - Day 3 here you come.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

How are you, GhostFace; thinking of you.
Old 07-18-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hope you are well and hope to hear from you soon, GhostFace.
Old 07-18-2016, 09:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 230 days Ghost Face. You can do this
Old 07-18-2016, 01:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Another inquiring friend wondering how you are