O/T Good news finally, then some crazy stuff.

Old 07-11-2016, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T Good news finally, then some crazy stuff.

Good news, I'm going to be a grandma again !!!!!!!!!!!

My son called me yesterday while I was out at a church bazaar to tell me that he and his wife were pregnant. So yay!!!!!!! I am so happy for them and for me. Due date is groundhog day. Feb 2, 2017. I talked to both of them today and they are so excited, and I am so excited.

amy
Old 07-11-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! Grandma!!
Old 07-11-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

How wonderful! Congratulations!!
Old 07-11-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The crazier stuff--- My oldest daughter has been telling people that I wouldn't give her a vial of blood to save her life.

I called her today on this. She already told my son, my other daughter and my mom, about how I don't care about her life and that I wouldn't even give a vial of my blood to keep her alive.

So, I called her and told her that she had told me that she would call me the next day, and that she didn't. ( I did actually think she was in the next drama du jour, but I really didn't know. )

I told her that after her DNA or genetic tests is done, and if I also needed to be tested, regardless of the price I would do this, after I talked to her doctor, to find out why????

I told her that I am 60 yrs.. old and that I don't want to know what I am predisposed to. I told her, that I accepted death at age 44, when I was diagnoses with cancer, and I wouldn't want to know anything, that I just wanted to be surprised!!!!!! Just surprise me!

She tells me that this doctor, oby/gyn thinks I should have genetic testing before her, so that I show negative on something, then she wouldn't have to be tested for that. I asked her if I showed negative, how can that mean that her biological dad would also be negative, since she gets 50% of my genes, 50% his genes?

I asked her why she can't be tested first, then if really needed and after I talked to the doctor, and he could explain to me why I had to be tested, that I would be willing to pay whatever it cost. Oh, it would be too stressful to her to have a genetic test done on her.

While my head is rotating like the movie the "Exorsist".

So this daughter of mine is telling people now that I would prefer for her to die then to give a vial of my blood.

amy

Back to listening to music for now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I do everything wrong. I'm such an idiot. I was happy and excited, I actually told people of the pregnancy. No one told me not to. I wasn't supposed to say anything, no one told me that.

If it wasn't supposed to be know yet and she is 10 weeks pregnant, why don't you tell me not to say something????

I just can't do anything right......
amy
Old 07-11-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

If it was such a secret....they should have made it a point to say so!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dandylion
Old 07-11-2016, 08:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't let it ruin your excitement..they should have told you to keep it a secret. Be happy anyway! How sweet it will be to hold a baby in February! I look forward to being a grandma someday, lucky you!
Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on being a grandma!!! If they didn't tell you not to tell anyone, then they really shouldn't be upset with you.

Your daughter's whole story is completely non sensical. Yes, you are only half her genes. BTW, has she called her father and demanded he give her a vial of blood?

Seems to me your vial, plus his vial, would equal her vial except not everything is passed on. So your vial + his vial = ??? The whole thing is preposterous.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Awwww.....Amy

Congratulations on the new baby coming! That is wonderful news, and they should definitely have told you whether or not you were allowed to share that news or not. As a back up safety measure, if a young couple tells me they are expecting, I tend to ask, too, just in case they forget to mention the "security level" of this announcement

Please don't let this spoil your excitement!!

As for your eldest...remember the old saying we have around here "what other people think of me is none of my business". I'm sorry she is so delusional and illogical. I can only begin to imagine how distressing that must be!

Hang in there!! You still have your upcoming trip to visit your Mum to look forward to, right?!
Old 07-12-2016, 04:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Congrats on the happy news! I agree, if they didn't tell you not to share it, you did nothing "wrong" in doing so.

I have nothing to say about your other daughter. She is quite disturbed, but that's her issue--it doesn't have to be yours.

Happy grandma hugs!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:17 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yay for you! There is nothing sweeter than a brand new baby! It's just this simple, if something is a secret, you tell the person you just told. If not, then it's not a secret.

As far as your daughter, I would say to give others some credit, I am betting more people see through her BS than you realize.

Hugs to you.
Old 07-12-2016, 01:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am in such a state of depression today, that I didn't even know if I could post today.

I am excited about the baby. I already told my son that I wanted to buy the crib. I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby so that I can start buying clothes for their child, my grand child.

On Sunday I was at that church bazaar. I was in the flea market section when my son called me. I went outside immediately to call him back. That's when he told me. My friends came out a little while later, and they were concerned about me because I was on the phone. I told them I was talking to my son , then put my hands in front of my belly to let them know it was expanding, and they knew what I was talking about. They all yelled congrats to my son.

He could have told me then that they were being precaucious about this. He didn't. But you know what, I don't care.

That genetic testing is what is bothering me the most. When I called my mom to see if she knew, and she didn't, she was happy to hear she was going to be a great grandma again. Then she asked me about the vial of blood that I refused to give. When I was talking to my son, he also asked me about the vial of blood that I refused to give.

When I explained things to my son, he did say that he knew he didn't get all the info, that there are always 2 sides. My mom didn't say this.

I guess I don't understand that it seems like it's my daughters mission in life to smear me to my family.....

I already posted here what my decision to that genetic testing would be. It was the same day that she asked me.

I never said that I wouldn't do it. I told her that same night that I talked to her, that I wanted to talk to her doctor to tell me " why????? "

Her bio dad can not be tested, he is dead. He died 12/2008.

I'm being told now that it is too stressful for her to go through genetic testing. (Makes no sense to me). I mean really, she can not have a vial of blood taken from her which would show what she is predisposed to? Which would also represent me and her deceased bio dads dna?

Then her H came in the room, to tell me that this doctor only wanted the maternal side. Well, of course. Only the maternal side is still living !!!!!!

I start to think today, thinking that the reason she would be too stressed to have her own genetic testing done, is because it may prove that she does not have lupus.......

I have spent hours, upon hours yesterday and today to see why my vial of blood would be necessary. I found nothing on the internet. (Didn't think I would)

I told her that I wanted to talk to her OB/GYN to explain to me why my genetic testing would be more important then my daughters genetic testing.

She told me that she would set up a conference call between her doctor, my daughter and me. I have not heard anything from her today.

I really don't care what people think about me, I just want her to stop smearing me all over the place.

She had a field day with that temporary restraining order, and telling everyone what a horrible person I was, and all of my cousins stood behind me.

I just can't deal with anything anymore.

(Sarcasm alert) I also got the best news yesterday. My sister is planning on going to Florida the same time as me.

amy

PS-- Thanks for letting me vent here.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Amy,

I don't think you owe anyone, including that daughter of yours, an explanation beyond what has been said. Are you kidding me, this girl is a hypochondriac. If she thought it would benefit her in some way, I am absolutely sure she would be first in line to getting this done herself. She is making you paranoid when you don't need to be. Stick to simple statements to family, just enough for them to understand that a doctor has not asked you to do this or even explained why it should be done.

I am sorry your sister is planning on being there when you are. I can only say to try to keep it light and focus on not getting caught up in any drama.

Focus on that you will have that sweet baby in your life soon, and that is truly something to celebrate!

Hugs friend.