Notices

Hi, again, bit of a situation tonight

Old 07-11-2016, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi, again, bit of a situation tonight

Been off alcohol for 5 months, but for some reason decided it would be ok to have a wee weekend with my old friends cocaine and speed. So I'm now sitting in my living room, not really slept or eaten for three days and have now started to hallucinate like never before in my life. Not really sure what to do about it, valium I know would stop it and help me get my head down, not an option though. I have my antidepressant and antipsychotic but not sure I wanna throw more drugs on this uninvited and unexpected situation. Sorry everyone, I don't feel I'm in physical danger or anything just not too sure what to do, and I live alone so there's nobody else here, just to see if anyone has had this happen to them before and what they did, thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Do you go to AA if so call your sponsor or call someone for a ride. If you need to go to the hospital. Hang in there.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think physically I'm ok, it's definitely not withdrawal or anything like that, it's just I've never experienced it like this from being up too long and not eating for a while. My whole carpet was moving and bubbling there and I was looking straight at it. Really so strange, and really could do without it
Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pope on a Rope

It might be a good idea to get to a hospital.

Whatever you decide hang in there.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Pope on a Rope

And definitely try and put some food and water into your stomach.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been keeping well hydrated all day and taking vitamins, just haven't eaten. This really is what I get, all my horror I went through with alcohol and the one thing I was always afraid of was the hallucinations in the dts which I never experienced. That's what I get for trying to be clever and indulging but just not alcohol eh
Old 07-11-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Is there a reason that you are still not eating? It seems like it would be a really good idea to get some good food into your body right now. And, please go to an ER if necessary.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please be careful. You need to eat something now, keep drinking water and try to sleep it off. If things get worse you must go to the emergency ward. Don't mess with this. Get back on track when you wake up tomorrow. It's an easy slope to get back on to.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It sounds like you learned something valuable, Eunectes. I'm glad you posted. We never know what'll happen when we let that garbage into our systems. It doesn't need to happen again.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's just what happens when I use what I was using, appetite would usually come back tomorrow after I've slept. Dear me this is really bizarre, I haven't even touched a hallucinogen.
Old 07-11-2016, 03:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Eunectes View Post
It's just what happens when I use what I was using, appetite would usually come back tomorrow after I've slept. Dear me this is really bizarre, I haven't even touched a hallucinogen.
Why is it that you have antipsychotics on hand?

It seems from your comments that you're taking your hallucinations somewhat...casually?
Old 07-11-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How do you know? They can add anything to cocaine...
Old 07-11-2016, 03:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I understand what you mean but I've not recently ingested anything, I was starting to wind down and try for a sleep and then all this just started. It's not even just small shadows or anything it's my full couch, lighting.....it's very difficult to try and ignore. I'm sorry for complaining I realise thus is my doing, just it's taken me by surprise, thanks for all your comments
Old 07-11-2016, 03:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
Why is it that you have antipsychotics on hand?

It seems from your comments that you're taking your hallucinations somewhat...casually?
I'm aware it isn't actually happening, trying not to let myself get wound up. Plus I'm pretty exhausted
Old 07-11-2016, 03:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm aware it isn't actually happening, trying not to let myself get wound up. Plus I'm pretty exhausted
I have a small dose of an antipsychotic prescribed for anxiety
Old 07-11-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Lack of sleep + stimulants + comedown used to make me hallucinate. Things like MDMA are worse for it though. Usually I see things like spots on the carpet or my jeans jumping around or get closed eye visuals. Never really sure what they put in that stuff now.

I used to drink milk when I felt I couldn't really eat. Won't do much for mucus build up or your chest if you get an infection but it does have calories.

Anyway just what I would do back when I used uppers.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Eat something, have some chammomile tea, have a bath and lie down and watch something soothing. Thats always helped me during times like that. Hope you feel better soon
Old 07-11-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Although you certainly have immediate problems of more concern is you minimizing your drug use and hanging out with drug using friends.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Coming down and the effects of sleep deprivation are no fun. A few cans of liquid nutrition like Ensure (in Canada) can really help along with drinking plenty of liquids like warm tea. The sooner you can start eating the better. Otherwise, rest and relax in a quiet and comforting environment like under a warm blanket on the couch watching movies or listening to music. This will help pass the time until your mind starts to quiet down and you can begin to catch periods of sleep until you are able to have a good sleep. Best wishes to you.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

do not take any MORE drugs to try and self-prescribe a solution for the drugs you have already taken. i agree with others, they are mixing all kinds of crap into dope these days....you put your life in danger EVERY time you take street drugs. especially if you were mixing coke and speed? that's just nuts.........

if you can't handle your condition, call 911. don't mess around. you do NOT have this under control.............