A Lightbulb Moment

Old 09-28-2004, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A Lightbulb Moment

I participated in my first online meeting tonight. First meeting of any kind actually. One of the topic suggestions was " Let go and let God." which I have heard probably a hundred times in my life. I think I figured out what it meant tonight. I have an AH who is on downward spiral. And I have been finding support online for the past week or so...Well I realize I have detachment issues. I am in love with my husband and I need to be in love with my husband. I need to learn how to just be here and not impose my opinions on him at all. To be his wife in other words. I'm scared detachment will make me lose my love for him, he's my best friend. We have three children together. This man is my life. So tonight I read that when you have a problem that you can't take away, you give your problem to God. Well my AH was, and is, out getting drunk- so naturally i'm stressing and it finally hit home, that MY faith is tested when I try letting this stress and worry go, because I cannot control his drinking, I have to trust that God, will take care of it. Hmm. Wow, that feels a lot better.
Old 09-28-2004, 10:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Also starts to give a deeper understanding of... The peace that transends all understanding.
Works with teens who were out doing the same. Can't hold their hand and guide there every move but I can hold God's hand and allow Him to comfort and guide me.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Huge lightbulb Jane !
Now you have some light to see the next light switch.
Good for you.
Hugs - L
Old 09-29-2004, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

jane - i too have an ah that is in the downward spiral and still struggle a bit with this (old habits really do die hard) thanks for the post - helps me to put my focus back where it belongs.

hugs - cwohio