Notices

Newbie w a long Story

Old 07-11-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newbie w a long Story

Gm everyone, and thank you for giving me this outlet. I HAVE A PRETTY LONG STORY WHICH MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW, and I would like to share. From 2006 to 2018 I was mentally addicted to Ketamine. After 2 duis, 4 months in jail , that chapter was over. I was always into fitness so never drank, due to the empty calories. That changed in 2011, when I started drinking wine. Two years ago, I got laid off from my career, and the drinking spiraled out of control. My dad would give me 20 dollars a day for cigs. Of course it went to wine. I was drinking 20 hours a day until he found out and cut me off. That night, I was hallucinating, shaking so I told him one more bottle and I'll go to detox in the A.M. I completed medical detox and stayed sober another week..Then came the big blow that I may be evicted from my coop, due to money's I owed on maintenance. Without a thought, went and got a bottle of wine. Drank for 3 weeks, 2 bottles a day, when my best friend told me she can get me a job in a detox, being a detox counselor. Next day, I had an interview with shakes and sweat. I was hired and asked to start the next week. Don't know how, but I kept the job for 6 months. I was drinking bottles at work in the bathroom. I finally got caught and fired. Never paid money I owed on maintenance it all went to wine. That was in December. I received unemployment and was drinking 3 bottles a day again. I kept waiting for the eviction notice, while sleeping at my dad's because I had no electric. I spent every morning from 7 to 9 throwing up with the runs because I had to wait for the liquor store to open. Needless to say, I saved my apartment and dad came to live with me to get on my feet. Sorry thus is so long. Anyway, last month I had a friend from Australia come to me the u.s.for 2 weeks. I was hiding bottles in my hamper, drinking in the bathroom..he had no clue. My rock bottom was when one night we got home the liquor store was closed. It was 2am and by 5am..I was violently shaking. This was a first for me..I drank a bottle of listening from 5 to 9am. I knew I had to change. I spent the next 2 weeks after he left with many day ones. I didn't want to go to detox because I'm helping my dad right now. I know this is not recommended but Wed night I bought 2 30 mg oxys. Thursday at 9am was my last drink. I took an oxy at 10 and felt fine..shakes did not start till Friday. I took half in am half in pm. That was it. Today, I am on day 5. I feel amazing. Much more to tell but I just wanted to share some for now. I don't know what's different this time, but the past two days I am excited about life. I no longer have to shake waiting for 9am..Hope I can get some good tips here and thank you for reading
Old 07-11-2016, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Determined1977; hope that the support, understanding and encouragement that you find here will help you achieve lasting sobriety and recovery.

Do you have a plan? There is a very good SR thread regarding the importance of a plan. I'll post the link in a minute.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here is the link, Determined:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst
Old 07-11-2016, 07:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hey kiddo good luck you need it.. just have to ask you do realize this is just the year 2016....2018 is a ways off.. but now you have a target and a goal. to be sober help others and the year 2018 is ahead of you.. prayers think you need them very much so.. a Mom
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you and I do. I have been reading for 5 days. Going to my first meeting tonight, and I am back in the gym. That has been my savior these past 5 days..I will read more
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here are links to more SR threads that you may want to check-out:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-1-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-146-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ts-better.html

Again, welcome to SR!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Determined1977 View Post
Thank you and I do. I have been reading for 5 days. Going to my first meeting tonight, and I am back in the gym. That has been my savior these past 5 days..I will read more
Fantastic, Determined!!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=ardy;6039387]hey kiddo good luck you need it.. just have to ask you do realize this is just the year 2016....2018 is a ways off.. but now you have a target and a goal. to be sober help others and the year 2018 is ahead of you.. prayers think you need them very much so.. a Mom[/QUOTE T.y...typo..I meant 2006 to 2008 lol
Old 07-11-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Fantastic, Determined!!!!!
Ty..not sure if I am replying in the right spot
Old 07-11-2016, 07:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ty..not sure if I am replying in the right spot
It's exactly right!!!!
Old 07-11-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Determined1977;6039405]
Originally Posted by ardy View Post
hey kiddo good luck you need it.. just have to ask you do realize this is just the year 2016....2018 is a ways off.. but now you have a target and a goal. to be sober help others and the year 2018 is ahead of you.. prayers think you need them very much so.. a Mom[/QUOTE T.y...typo..I meant 2006 to 2008 lol
Old 07-11-2016, 08:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep your head up mate, you can't do it all in one day, only one day at a time. Post when ever you feel you need to, no how stupid or small it sounds.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by James90 View Post
Keep your head up mate, you can't do it all in one day, only one day at a time. Post when ever you feel you need to, no how stupid or small it sounds.
Thank you so much..So many things, I want to share, although I don't want to be a burden
Old 07-11-2016, 08:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you so much..So many things, I want to share, although I don't want to be a burden
There is no such thing as being a burden around here; we all understand how hard and complicated this is.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
There is no such thing as being a burden around here; we all understand how hard and complicated this is.
This place is amazing. As I spent the past 5 days reading, I couldn't believe that so many people had the same experience. Thank you for the help this community provides