Notices

I'm new on here

Old 07-11-2016, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm new on here

Hey I'm going to a clinic and on 95 mgs of methadone. I want to get off and get out of there bc of all the bad stories I hear about getting off of methadone and I feel like I'm still not clean bc I have to depend on a cup with liquid in it to help me now instead of the pain pills??? Has anyone went through this of so plz help
Old 07-12-2016, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not sure on methadone bud but I'm sure plenty on here are just give it time! I've been on suboxone for 5 years now and finally really making effort to get off and it's a ..... I'm on a tiny dose and even every other day now but it's not fun/****** symptoms etc. but I'd much rather take my time and get through this than go back to the old ways/dope ya know? Blessings brother stay positive ��

Last edited by Opivotal; 07-12-2016 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Rule#9
Old 07-12-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Pope on a Rope

I just joined SR a couple days ago and I can tell you this is a great place for support.

Everyone has been really cool and there is no judgement and no one looking down their nose at you.

Good luck on your journey my friend.
Old 07-12-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Blue2016.

Nice to meet you.

I have no personal experience with methadone, hopefully other will come along and share.
Old 07-27-2016, 06:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm new too...hi
Old 07-29-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blue2016 View Post
Hey I'm going to a clinic and on 95 mgs of methadone. I want to get off and get out of there bc of all the bad stories I hear about getting off of methadone and I feel like I'm still not clean bc I have to depend on a cup with liquid in it to help me now instead of the pain pills??? Has anyone went through this of so plz help
Hi, Blue! I have no personal experience with methadone (currently kicking suboxone), but I have definitely seen success stories of people getting off of methadone, so I know it can be done! I have seen where some have had their doctors switch them to suboxone and then tapering off that, as well as people who have successfully tapered off methadone. Whatever you and your doctor decide is right for you, just know that it can be done!
Old 07-29-2016, 03:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

A big welcome to SR from me Blue, knucklesdad and EB111

D